Hints I should know

• Well this I'm just wondering is there any hints or tips that can help me get more lvl ups that are in the game thank you if u respond

• You are not alone.

Subtle jab at everyone.

• 2 more things one
    You guys are extremely helpfull

Second
    If I get super annoying and I don't stop talking just tell me to shut my trap and the reason I talk so much is I am not that social so nerfell is my way to get away from that

• Ok thanks for all the help guys if I hope I will enjoy nerfell and be here for long time

• Well, there's one big hint.

It doesn't come up much, but it's at times like this that I think back on the wisdom of my Great Uncle Winston Zeddemore.

"When someone asks if you're god, you says YES!"

• That really depends on what you're after. Roleplaying advice, mechanics advice, server dynamics advice, how to deal with DMs and player advice… etc.

If you're not sure, just send me or one of the PG team a tell in game and we'll be only too happy to discuss it with you.

(Note that I am not a PG, DM, or anything else... I'm just a player who likes to help)

• Are there any more hints anybody thinks I should know

• That tree, is likely Cera's tree. There's an RP reason behind why the furniture attacked, and what the nexus is… if you ask around in game for someone who used to live in the Gypsy Camp (suggestion, ask some elves or druids) they may be able to explain it to you.

I'd tell you here, but that takes away the fun of roleplaying it.

• This has nothing to with helping me get better but in the gypsy camp I went into a tree and found a portal there I found nexus then when someone tryed to get me out the furniture came alive and attacked so I'm just woundering does any body know what nexus is

• It's as easy as making friends. Citizen Tokens are a peer nomination. Any and all players, even those without CTs, can nominate and voice their approval of another for a token. There's a forum specifically for those in fact. After that point it gets reviewed by the DM team, and then they make the decision.

As for the second part, the actual Citizen Token is an item every PC of a player who has one carries around, which unlocks combat XP over level 5. But that's just the mechanical effect of what is recognition as a full-fledged member of the community. You'll know when you get one because a nice DM will lock your thread and find you in game and give one to you.

That said, you gotta earn it by demonstrating your roleplaying ability…not necessarily your "roll"-playing ability. Different people look for different things, and I'm notoriously stingy with praise, so I'm a poor choice to tell what that means. A player guide or a DM is a better fit for that. But if you make an effort, people will notice.

The biggest piece of advice I have for you is to start at the root of the character. Make a story for him. His first adventure perhaps. Answer questions like:
    "Where did he come from?"
    "Why did he come to Narfell?"
    "What are his hopes and dreams?"
    "What is he afraid of?"

If you can make an actual story out of it, even just a page or two, post it in the forum marked "Historical Archives." That's where we all post our "first adventures" for our characters...a kind of introduction for everyone. You'll even get XP for that one. Future stories you can write and put in the Tales by the Fireside forum. Not everyone does because it's not the kind of thing everyone likes, but it's there if you want to express yourself that way.

From there, just stay in character when you're in game, have patience...and have fun. That's the most important thing.

• One is it easy to get a c-token 2 how will I know when I get it

• Legion

When I first came to the server the mantra was "don't worry about character lvls so much. Just enjoy playing the role of your character." That's pretty much what's kept me here for 6 years. I hit lvl 12 for the first time after years of solid play. Yeah these days you seem to be able to power lvl up to 12 pretty quickly if you know how, but personally I think that characters can be a bit hollow if they're high lvl without a the RP history to back up their heroic status.

Advancing is fun though. All the advice so far has been good. Do your best not to die and get out in a party and lvls will come soon enough.

• I would say in terms of just gaining xp and leveling, hang out with people, and roleplay your heart out.

If you want to get into gameplay terms though…

Make your character however way you wish, but take into considerations some events and areas can be -very- difficult here and can be geared towards more powerful characters/builds. If you're new and wish to survive, I recommend going along with the following:

1. (Rogue, Bard, cleric, ranger, fighter,druid) Archers. (cleric and druid with zen). These classes make fantastic archers, great support.
    2. Cleric anything. Always needed in narf (unfortunately in some cases it when 13 people are logged on one day and at least 5-6 of them are clerics, a bit oversaturated at the moment.). If you do, know your god, know his dogma, and act accordingly.
    3. Characters with Expertise. Good gear is hard to come by (but satisfying when earned), expertise is free, easy AC, and other characters will love you.
    4. "Sit in the back and assist" type casters
    5. Combinations of anything listed

Expect to die a lot if:

1. You go out alone
    2. Use a 2 handed weapon user (or low ac in general character) without improved expertise and you suck at following rule 5
    3. Blindly attacking anything thats "red"
    4. don't go out prepared (IE: going out without a healer)
    5. You run into combat without high tumble or spring attack, nasty things will get attacks of opportunity on you and you will go splat (hold shift and walk in or put on sneak or find traps when engaging)

Expect positive DM attention and a quick c-token if:

1. You roleplay your character and class well
    2. You roleplay an especially challenging class well, unminimaxed
    3. You interact with people and make your character even a little outgoing, and spend more time hanging out with people and rping/adventuring then going out on your own
    4. Participate in forums both OOCly and ICly (depending if the forum/forum thread is RP based or not)
    5. Volunteer to help dms whenever they need help (often in forum posts too)
    6. Don't break rules!

• Levels come in time, for the most part. You can't get past level 6 without the roleplaying portion of the equation. Without a C-Token, no combat XP is accumulated, but XP award by DMs is (little bits here and there for roleplaying and staying in character, and big hunking chunks for finishing an event of some flavor) does. A few make it to 7 without a C-Token, but most have one by that time.

Most of this is done to encourage roleplaying over mere dungeon crawls.

I usually consider my PCs like characters in a story, with dreams and foils of their own, and figure out what they would do like I was writing that story. Others see them as a kind of wish fulfillment. Both approaches are equally valid and which you pick has more to do with what you want out of the roleplaying experience and what fulfills that for you. The point in both is that the PC is not just a mouthpeice for you, but a discrete entity of its own.

• If I had to make a chart for the level ranges, assuming you're running with one partner, then 1-5 one can get exp in the Norwick ruins, graveyard, Rawlins lake, and Howling Woods, and about 4-6 you can get decent exp in the earlier Kuo-toa. 4-7, the near Hobgoblins give decent exp, 6-9 with slightly larger groups, the early crypts, far hobgoblins, and far kuo-toa. And of course, you can go from 1 to 9 in the Peltarch sewers/barrows.

Once you get to level 7 or 8 with one character, you'll have figured a lot of this out already, though. All it takes is experience to learn where to get experience!

• Thank you for all your help To those who helped me in game and on the posts

• A c-token is an item which can be physically dropped on all of a player's characters once earned. It's per player, not per PC.

http://www.narfell.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=131

The first stage is peer nomination and comments then it's up to the DM team to vote on and award once the nominated player has recieved a suitable voting result.

• How will I know if I have a c-token