Summoner Update

• I've just received a text back from Summoner's Dad. He's working on a website for donations in Summoner's name.

He says it will be for the Children's Hospital in Orange County, California and he will let me know when the website is up. I'll post more information as I receive it.

I've passed on the communities condolences and he asked that I pass on thanks for everyone.

• The Halfling Defence League

I've avoided posting a response here, because I honestly don't know what to say. I knew him when he was new, and when I came back he was one of the first to welcome me. He'd been a great friend the entire time I've known him, and as others have already said, he's someone we've all gotten to watch as he grew up here.

This is really devastating news. It's awful any time someone dies, to be sure, but it's really upsetting when I see someone who's so young pass away.

It just isn't fair.

• Dammit.

He'll be missed.

(Many thanks to Fraoch for alerting me to this news; I hadn't seen it.)

• Many years ago, when I rolled my first character Gonnar Domne, Wolf became quickly one of his best friends. They'd care for each other and saved each other from being fuged many times. Gonnar and Wolf were quite close to each other, and I knew I had a friend there…for that I thank you.

He was a great RPer, and each of his characters were unique and totaly different to rp with. He made it so that each character was a new world, full of depth, and ever-interesting to interact with. María looked at him like the mage she should some day be...for all that I thank you.

But more than that, he made a lot for this community, he has created stories, he has made us laugh in more than a few ocassions, he has even played baddy PC's with great succes and challenge, he has -as stated before- left a mark in Narfell forever...for that I thank you.

I hope you are well wherever you are now Summ...goodbye, and thank you.

• I have no words. I remember his first character here, and how I could so tell how young he was. I can't help but feel like we've all just lost someone that many of us really watched grow up here. In our community. The last time I saw him IG, running the event to rescue Ronan, and I told him to go ahead and log, rest up, that I was setting things up so he could return IC whenever he was ready. Feels so wrong now, like I just sent him off on his way. I feel for his family, and rarely do I ever say things like unfair, cruel, or too young, but in this all of this is true.

I will remember the happy memories, and let go of the bad. I hope that he did the same, and thought of us all as more then just the hundreds of lines of text we all bantered back and forth, but instead as family. As a true community should be, ups and downs included.

To steal words from someone who said it better then me, Godspeed, Summoner.

• @b9eaba2192=Teah:

He was very young when he joined and I think he grew up a lot while he was here.

Yes, he really did. We shared a lot of moments together when he played Wolf, but I think my favorite memory came long after I'd quit and peeked back in on the server to see what he'd created with Ronan, who could convey in a few lines of dialogue everything Dondiah said. A common thread through his characters was fierce devotion to friends and loved ones, and I think we know where they got it from. My best to his family and friends. If only he'd had time to touch more. 😢

• 😞

Truely saddening news, will miss him.

• It saddens me to hear the news. I do count myself fortunate for the fun times I had with Summoner here.

My condolanses to his family.

• I can't add more than Lager just said. He was very young when he joined and I think he grew up a lot while he was here. He will be miss by those who still play and those who just played while he was around. I hope he has peace.

😢

T

• It's hard to know what to say.

I watched Summoner grow a lot as a player and person during his time here. He left his mark, and it will not be quickly rubbed away.

A lot of us will carry memories of him, either as Wolf or Ronan or just himself.

I think back on how he provoked the riot during Banish Misfortune and somehow I still manage to smile a little through the pain.

Or the time I interrupted Ronan's tryst in the woods with bugbear archers.

Or all his asides on the trip to Phlan that had me missing keys for laughing.

Or… well. He's left me a hundred memories and a hundred stories.

Thanks, Summoner, for spending some of the time you had here with us. I'm sorry it couldn't been longer. I don't know if that's for my own sake or yours.

Godspeed.

• I'll never forget my time spent with a barefoot druid outside the gates when I was new. Summ was always there to even make the dull days fun. And despite everything, was cheerfull and kind, always joking around with me. I'm going to miss him. 😞

• I just received this via message on Facebook from FatherRibs:

@b40cefc8ca:

Please forward on my regrets. We've lost so many people that I consider family, it is a terrible fact of life that we all reach the end at some point, but how cruel to have not lived a full life before reaching it. My prayers to the family and friends as they cope with the loss of a decent human being.

• Goodbye, bro.

• Words never work because you never feel able to address the one person you really want to. Summoner and I had good times on the server. That's the extent of our interaction, but I've missed it all the same. To know that the man behind those good times is gone simply feels terrible.

• To say that I am devastated by this news is an understatement. Summ played an a huge role in helping me shape Jaelle into a living, breathing crazy mess. I can't imagine Narfell without him and it hurts beyond words to think that he will no longer be a part of what made this community special to me.

My heart goes out to his family and I hope that we all can take solace in the fact that he is no longer in pain or doped on drugs.

I will miss him greatly.

• 😢

I will miss sharing earthquakes with him…

• We may not have always got along or agreed on everything, but he was one of the first people I ever RP'ed with on this server. I will never forget him and how welcome he made me feel when I first started on this server 6+ years ago. Today is a sad day indeed. To all his friends and family, I will be keeping him and those close to him in my thoughts.

• Sorry to read this news. Its hard to equate what happens in a "fantasy" setting to what someone is dealing with in RL. For something so tragic to happen to someone so young is incredibly cruel and unfortunate.

My best to his friends and family.

• Summoner was literally the second friend I made on Narfell. He was always fun to talk to in and out of character wtih Ronan, even if both were sassy. He was as much a guide as a friend helping Dondiah learn the ropes along with my other friends on the server and was never impatient at any questions I had about the world.

I think Ronan was a large chunk of who Summoner was, gregarious, brave, unabashed, things that many of us wish we could really be and do he did and was.

My thoughts and love go out to his family and close friends who are grieving as I know much of the community is now.

• I'm at a complete loss for words.

Rest in peace, buddy. You'll be sorely missed. 😢