New Portrait Pack

• We have a new official portrait pack. You can download it from here:

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/portraits/data/1102117096000.shtml

It includes most of the portraits in the old pack, plus a thousand more. The installer is only 20 MBs, but it will unpack to 600 in your portrait folder, so make sure you have the free space πŸ™‚

Enjoy

• Yes Dwin, I have it installed on my mac.

• The Halfling Defence League

Has the condenced pack been posted? cos it seems interesting and I want a look at it!

• has anyone had any success in the installation of portraits on a non-Windows machine?

• Nooo pink panthers for you young man!
    they are allllllllllll mine!
    πŸ˜‰

• Nah, we just want to be able to play drow rangers who dual-wield and have a pink panther.

• @69abca0cfd=ZANETAR:

There's as many drow in that pack as there are non-drow, but PCs aren't allowed to play drow with only very rare exception.

It's pretty dumb to have piles of drow portraits.

:twisted:

Are you whining because there is too much?

• Don't forget that Anabelle did not just compile this pack for narfell, but for the NWN community. There are a heck load of servers out there that do allow drow, and where drow run around in serious happy numbers ^^

• There's as many drow in that pack as there are non-drow, but PCs aren't allowed to play drow with only very rare exception.

It's pretty dumb to have piles of drow portraits.

• @c8df834506=zandar:

Screen shots (i'm suprised legolas is not in here)

Actually … :oops: You'll find good ole Orlando Bloom in there .. a tad edited but it's still him. Looking forward to your cleaned up portrait pack πŸ™‚

(oh and the Angelina Jolie elf was the most tasteless one so far πŸ˜‰ )

• Ah - that explains it then - I am running on Win98 also.

• The Halfling Defence League

I found out why the portrait may fail to work for some peeps. A year ago i was running on win98 os and the portrait pack can never seem to opened, but now i'm on win xp os i am finally able to unravel the mystery of the portrait pack, wohoo!

• but that's why you are suppose to use my set πŸ˜‰

• I have a character with an anime portrait. I don't think I'm the only one.

Also, if you take out duplicates, you may have some existing characters using the duplicate that you removed, and their portraits will come up blank to anyone using the condensed Narfell portrait pack.

• I'm was impressed with the amount of portraits avialble. until i looked at them.. there is a lot of garbage / incomplete/TVMovie screens/ models / ANIME ones. SO I am going to sort through them and then (if i'm allowed) repost a RAR that has MY condensed versions..

Basically, i am going to remove the following:
    Broken/incomplete
    ANIME is out!
    Handdrawn/Shoddy
    Repeats
    Slight/Poor mods
    Actors/models (if i can tell)
    Screen shots (i'm suprised legolas is not in here)
    Stupid ones (my bias)

700meg is retarted. I'm going to fix it. This might take me a while….

• Is it possible to unlock the monster portraits? Just for fun?

• @6411c1947d:

Really nice pack! But is it just me or does it now take almost a minute to get into the portrait part of character generation?

Bear in mind that it's loading all of the pictures before displaying the screen. It would take a powerful computer indeed to load up 1000+ low-compression pictures in a few seconds.

Excellent collection, by the way, though it duplicates quite a few that I already had.

• I find a picture for all my narfing needs πŸ™‚

Only problem I have with it is when I'm scrolling down and see two or three different versions of the same picture (every once in a while a badly edited one to turn them into a drow) before I find what I'm looking for.

Otherwise, the load time is worth the wait.

• The portrait pack has over a 100 pictures to choose between as it is, and was specially made for Narfell.

πŸ˜‰

• There are alot of players that have custom portraits, maybe we should try to put together a narfell Portrait pack for those players with custom portraits (those not in the pack)