Telli arrives in Oscura for an extended stay.

• A familiar stocky dwarf is seen walking into town with a large bag draped over her shoulders. Those observant enough will notice mushrooms, sprouts and other odds and ends sticking out of the bag. She doesn't say much and is rather focused on her destination. Once she reaches the farming area of Oscura, she drops the bag into the center of it all.

"Dis lookededs likes a purdy good spots."

Digging into the dirt she works well into the evening. Those that care enough to pay attention to the stout dwarf who smells of garlic and chocolate will notice a monument of sorts being erected.

• The Halfling Defence League

A small corner of the garden still looks rather well maintained the single light above this section still works and the pants within this light are regularly cared for.

Any that disturbs this aria and harm it, get a visit from a rather annoyed purple haired peacekeeper, carrying a rather large axe.

• It seems the dry up of the farms have little effect on everyday life in Oscura. The only noticeable change is that the slaves of the city seem to be a whole let less fed then they were previously, regular citizens live as they always had.

• As the months progress and Justicar's presence ceases to exist around Oscura Telli's welcomed less and less by the citizens. Soon the farm withers and the altar in the center collects dust. Whatever thriving farming area once stood, now only mushroom and fungus patches remain. Saddened Telli picks up her efforts in Norwick to help the town instead.

((Hearing a lot of ooc communication as to the farm never existing so this seemed like a fitting end to this thread. It also helps restore the current Telli/NPC reactions I've been getting lately. Thanks to those who helped rp in this thread for the 3 months we engauged. Was very enjoyable.))

• Months pass and all the cones with the corresponding light sources are in place, rows of vegetables are carefully plotted and scuttles plants are given the necessary positive blessings to flourish. Telli looks to the farmers gathered and some of the laymen and laywomen offering their aid. She turns to Justicar on one of his trips through.

"Da farms well on its way and able ta functions widouts Telli anymores mist- Justicar… if yuh want Telli ta do anytings more yuh juss lemme know eh? Telli'll be backs here and ders... buh fer da most part it shoulds be able ta runs purdy well widouts me nows...

If yuh do needs me ta works on any oders farms projects lemme knows... cause I gots a couple ideas...buh... fer now... Telli needs ta be in Peltarchs... wid da plague der... ders a LOT a helps Telli cans do fer da hurtings people in Chauntea's name. Unfoirtunately da plague don'ts single outs bad mens... it affects kids, farmers, and da likes da sames..."

With a nod she stands there waiting to see if there's anything more to be done, and if not, heads to Peltarch not returning to Oscura for some time unless something specific comes up to hault the progress they made in Oscura's new farming structure.

• :: Justicar stands and nods::

This is probably easier to build, opens a old tatted scroll

the inside is just polished metal, no need to go all out with mirrors, it works easy enough, you turn the crank with turns the worm gear that turns the cog with moves the shutter door. the shutter door is held in by having the out side cone edge turned in for it to rest on two opposite sides and the shutter door has part of the middle edge turned up on the adjacent sides so it cant be wound all the way out and fall off. As for the light source that’s totally up to you.

(if this thig was put into a map it just would be a handle of sorts hanging from the ceilin, like the chain in the spider woods)

• Marshals stopped on his walk out*…

"Danks fer da imput feller....ting ta remembers too is da hallow blessings only reachedededs arounds fourty feet or so...so....

looks up...

Gonna need a room wid a low roof fer dats...

• A large man walks over inspecting the garden, he takes some time to look over the layout and the design, overhearing the problem with light to dark ratio, and seems to think for a short while. He pulls out a piece of paper and a quill and marks some things down.

"I'm not much of an engineer, but I have done some studying on the subject Miss Telli, basically what your looking at is a reverse box colvert with a closed top that opens when needed. If you were to dig out the ground above the garden slightly, and place a for lack of a better word box above it with the light… use those shiny reclective stones to help bounce the light around in the box and downward. Then put an cover over it, that has a single bar running down the middle so it can turn the cover. Add that to a pully system down to a switch, and just pay 2 people to turn the cover once every 12 or so hours, that should fix your light to day part. Also if you were to Hallow the area in the box on the roof, it wouldn't affect to many people outside the growing area. You could even add additional shutters below the spinning cover to add diffused lighting to spread the light or focus it on a specific set of plants, for longer durations if required."

Marshal does his best to help with what he knows before returning to his own architectural studies at the Library.

• _Yes, Hallow's Daylght would keep radiating outside. You would either need Deeper Darkness cast permanently around the edges - it would counter the effects of Daylight there, letting the prevailing light conditions exist.

The other option would be building walls around it. Neither of the options is very cheap, as the deeper darkness would have to be permanent.

This is why I believe the tubed continual flame would be the easiest lightsource for this particular use. It's bright, and you can focus it straight to the ground. And it lasts until dispelled, without need for other spells._

• ICC

The hooded hin walks through the garden in his grasstained, patched and frayed robe slowly, looking at each of the plants and occasionally pulling out a weed or cutting off a dead portion. Then he leaves, quickly and quietly as he came.

• Telli smiles at the lathanderite and nods

Da hallow idear was whats Telli was gonna do...and as fer undeaders....dey shouldn'ts be in da gardens anyways...

Buh... wid da hallow blessing....der ain't no turning da lights out....hence...we still at dat prollem...do we biuld shutters or... whats?...

• On a rare stroll through Oscura, C'tan, the shining Lathnderite priest goes to suggest Telli:

_As I see it, there are a couple of options to bring light to the plants. The one I'd prefer, would be casting Hallow on the area where you plant your.. plants, and attach Daylight spell to it. That would provide most sunlike light to them. The drawbacks, if you wish to call them such, it would cause the light to radiate outside the area as well, and it would also make the area holy, which would cause problems if necromancers tried to control undead in that area.

The second, cheaper option, would be cast Continual Flame ona piece of crystal, and place it in a tube. One end of the tube would be closed, and the other open. If you would hang these tubes above the plantation, they would direct their light straight at the plants, without shedding it elsewhere.

If you have any questions about said ideas, I'm all ears._

The priest of Lathander smiles brightly, as his flaming shoulderpads illuminate the surroundings.

• Lord Gallows is seen on the scene on one occasion, muttering about the possibility of selling "Bottled Sunlight" at an inflated price.

• Marie listens to the talk, and shows every sign of deep thought.

After a few minutes she speaks.

Would it be possible to have rocks enchanted with light so that it could be turned on and off with a command word?

Meaning that you could decide when you want the lights to be on or off, by simply speaking the command word. And if you set all the rocks to the same command word, then they would all turn on or off at the same time… and if you needed to show someone the crops but they weren't comfortable with light you could turn it off for a bit...

Makes it really flexible.

• "Neithers would gets cancelledededs outs Coin….buh... yuhs right wid da door... why makes it harder dens it need ta be's...still....gonna need daylight in da room. And since opening da roof is too dangerous... wull still need daylights blessings performededededs in ders. Luckily dough... Chauntea been showings me ders a way ta do da ritual ta git it ta lasts fer a full year...buh...agains... we run inta da prollem a crops wid sunlights on ems all da time ain't goods… so... were gonna need shutters or... sometings ta blocks da sunlights so da crops when we don't wants dens getting light.

Any idears on dat part?"

Since when were a couple of dwarves considered "powerful magics"? smirk

frowns the problem with magical darkness and daylight is that depending on which you cast first which gets cancelled out, and by casting them together simultaneously it may just back fire or create twilight, or do nothing at all.

I think our best bet is to have a totally separate cave which we could put a door on the entrance so to keep the light in, it would be practical and easy.

All so you could have perforated rubber hoses tied to the ceiling to simulate rain, a pump to run such a system isn't hard to construct

• :: nods::

You are the expert Lady Telli. I trust in your judgment on this.

• @3b0d9099de=Salsadoom:

We could always try to excavate some lower roofed caves for your experiments. Small entrance with a turn or two to block the light. Ceilings low so a magic focus can be attended to more easily.

"I tink dat'd prolly be da bests…. cause I didn'ts tinks a da heights prollem till miss Scuttle mentionededes its... Some a da blessings I was plannings only go abouts fourty feet high...

Topsides good... buh den yuh gotta worry abouts folks stealings froms its, transportings its....dose sorta tings... prolly best if its underground near da city Justicar...

I likedededs da idear of a low level ceiling fer experimentings....buh... if we could juss make a big walled off area wid juss a small opening INTA da crops dats need light... Telli could put a darkness veil ta pass through ta gits ta da oder side. Telli'll draw sometings ups tonights if didn't explains it good enoughs..."

• Justicar arrives as is usual every few days

:: nods in thought::

We could always try to excavate some lower roofed caves for your experiments. Small entrance with a turn or two to block the light. Ceilings low so a magic focus can be attended to more easily.

I have already order the clearing of some land top side if you wish to try your hand there.

I do appreciate everyone's help in this endeavor.