Whispers at the Fire

• Word spreads around quickly about how some of the druids were yelling at townsfolk to stay inside the walls of the town and to keep the gates shut. Those who didn't heed the warning quickly found themselves under the paws of a very large and strong tiger. The druids and tiger also had a brief exchange of word, weapon, and magic against a man in red and black armor and wielding a flaming sword. One of the woodsfolk turned into a werecat during the fight, and the man in red and black seemed to appear and vanish at will.

• Recently, over the last few months in the near woods south of norwick a few ambitious and young travellers and adventurers were assulted by a magic using goblin wielding a large hammer in two hands. Unfortunately for the goblin caster he happened to cross the path of a wood elf female of considerable strength in arm, the axe-blows that opened the goblin up like a fruit soon were too much for him and the sling-fire of another female elf. Stripping the armour from the goblin and tossing it easily to the other female she grinned.. <e>brave to stand with Anariel… fight good.

The elf was seen to remark in simple words in her heavy wood-elf accent and tongue.. grin <e>Worry no, great goblin dead. Goblin weak... giant and warg much harder fight... Tempus like to fight.- as she hung her green tinged battleaxe back on her belt.</e></e>

• _Reports and wild rumors filter in, telling of full-scale war between the Druidic Circle and the remaining goblins. Many travelers report seeing a large warband of huge animals and angry druids roaming the southern part of Narfell, and some talk of rituals performed in Jiyyd.

Tales vary, but the most common version is thus: goblins attacked the Druid's Glenn, defiling the altar, killing sacred animals, and taking two druids captive. In retaliation, the Circle, along with a black-clad gali ranger and a warrior of Helm, stormed the Goblin Hold, slaughtered the goblin holdouts, and killed King Ugog in his own throne room.

It is unclear how much of this is true, but something clearly seems to have taken place, and only time will tell if the something was the deathblow to fading goblin power or just another pile of yellow-green corpses.._

-Lagermane

• _Reports and tavern brags tell that an adventuring band under the leadership of the dwarf Wren Halfabrick has cleared out a band of goblins from the Old Bandit Mines north of Norwick. The goblins had been raiding travelers on the road into town. The number of goblins vary from 40 to 400 depending on who is asked, but most of the reports mention spellcasters and a vicious sneak.

Some darkly express the belief that this is the first sign of a goblin attack on Norwick. Others scoff and submit than in their current state the goblins couldn't invade a henhouse, let alone the town they have failed to take so many times in the past._

-Lagermane

• Council of Moradin

DHE listens to the tribes man and bring him into the militia barracks, there he questions the barbarian. (please if you want to, who ever plays the barbarian send me a pm wth the info and I will reply on how the questioning went 😃 thx)

• Yolanda hears about the man's plans and mutters to herself

That woolhead… better go and talk some sense into him...

• Recently, rumors of a tribesman of the Heyokarr tribe talking about the downfall of the Banites in Peltarch can be heard. When confronted, the tribesman gives a grunt, looks around, and starts to tell a story of news of his friend in a far off land who had just fallen to some Banites. The tribesman claims that he now feels obligated to avenge his friend's death by removing the Banite threat across the land. After he has finished with his story, he speaks fiercely.

"Everyone talks about how bad those Banites are, and yet, they all sit on their arses and let 'em be. It's apparent ta me nobody's going to do anythign about 'em unless someone starts something! Guess that someone'll be me! I'll fight those fallen souls until the last drop of blood has fallen from my body!"

He then walks off, running his hand over his axe handle, muttering under his breath about clerics of various denominations.

• Cyrian hears the rumors of Orc threats and decides to redouble his efforts to mine the valueable nickle right off the Orcs backs whenever he should find himself in the area

• Rumors, though roughly translated from a half-orc's broken common, circulate amongst the locals that Orcs had raided the northern gate in Norwick and threatened war if hunts by Norwick locals continued in their lands.

• Rumor circulates that a "Phantom Army" is moving through the Rawlinswood. This rumor is somehow associated with an eccentric half elf looking for a long pole with grease on the end or a Sunite with unusually thick skin. Rumor also has it that a picthfork weilding posse will be formed in the coming days to track down these phantoms.

• Someone has been in town looking for the last whereabouts of Esther, a scholar/mage in training, who was allegedly coming to Norwick to present a paper at Spellweaver academy. His whereabouts are unknown and have been so for at least two weeks.

• In reply to Chaevre, Penny can be seen to smirk and answer:

"Twas she who requested tha epic be done by my voice, darlin', so I doubt my charm'll git much outta 'er 'long tha way a material ta use…"

• Chaevre' will tell Penny that with enough gold and a charming personality she might pursuade Rass herself to tell her epic tale

• Word begins to spread that the gypsy bard, Penny Lane, is looking for anyone who knows anything about the history of the red dragon, Rass. She is apparently looking for any and all information, from how old the dragon might be to any stories about Rass's actions over the years. People who know her well say that she is beginning to write an epic poem/song about the life and history of Rass. Word also spreads that she can be found most days at the Romani Camp, and would welcome anyone who wishes to contribute information over a glass of wine or ale.

• rumours of a vampire spotted in and around the crypts

• Whispers about the fire speak of a small group that descended into the depths of the crypts to combat a nest of Umberhulks that had rooted there. The fight was short, and bloody…and after nearly losing one of their number, it's reported that only Zeal held the shrinking group together, against the rampaging hulks.

At the end of the day, the crypts fell peacefully quiet when the menace was removed, if in need of heavy repair

• Early one morning a group round the fire talk about the trolls and land sharks that have been seen round Norwick since the excavation under Wald's barn started.

Then, the ground shook. And, low and behold, an Umber Hulk was added to the list.

• Tobias decides to go and have a look see.

• Rumours spreads around the inn that the druids are calling great earth magics in their glenn. Tales of strange beasts entering and not leaving abound.
    Word of pits appearing and dissappearing as the earth shifts sparks speculation as to what is occuring.

• ((He means Hanadros))