Rando jibber-jabber pulled from Rumor Thread

• Theaon can be seen alerting his fellow Jiyyd Watch members that Rando, who admitted his adherence to the Banite faith before he was executed, has returned from the dead. He asked the guards not to let Rando in town until it his heart has been checked and it can be proved he is not a Banite.

• ICC

Grak is sitting on the Jiyyd campfire, barefooted wrigling his toes on the grass.

"Har Har Har, Why ya huuuumies listen for such windbag from that vermin village anyway? Huuuumie justice says clearly that from those crimies what even guards have witnessed, only justice is blade through neck… snaps his fingers "Just like that, no more trouble…." snaps fingers again Har har har..

Grak's eyes suddently start to glitter with greed
    "Oi, perhaps local militia even offers reward from brinning that windbag for justice! Such wonderful thing for hard-working citizen would be welcomed with open arms… and purse of course, Har Har har.

• 😄

• //I had Lyte wait until an unconquerable majority of opinions were registered in favor of no evil Rando's running amuk in Jiyyd before stating you were banned. If the remaining pcs who havent voted showed up and did, it wouldnt change the result.

I also pmed the town dm to make sure her position on this reflected town policy.

The words Lyte speaks are her own specific observations. //

• @31181da999=Green:

Watch Sgt. and Council Representative Lyte calmly walks to Rando at the gate, sword drawn.

"Rando, you are banned from Jiyyd by vote from the Council, for your past crimes within the town's jurisdiction, and your well known evil ways.

((I think that answers it))

• (is this the councils ruling ie DMs? or your own to the above post?)

• Watch Sgt. and Council Representative Lyte calmly walks to Rando at the gate, sword drawn.

_"Rando, you are banned from Jiyyd by vote from the Council, for your past crimes within the town's jurisdiction, and your well known evil ways.

Years ago, you claimed to be the the executioner of the Law while at the benches in Jiyyd, upsurping the rightful laws of the town, and then acted on this, completely illegally dragging a citizen against their will to the other side of the west gate, where you assaulted them while they were unarmed and not fighting back still well within the town's jurisdiction.

Upsurping the authority of the town's rightful laws and institutions makes you an enemy of the town and guilty of traitorous acts. Dragging a person off against their will is kidnappng.

Then, once they were on the ground completely helpless, you conspired to drag them off with another, masked criminal who claimed to be the law and judge while within Jiyyd. The two of you realized, after you beat her, that you were still in town, when someone told you this. Since the assaulted party was helpless, one can only come to the conclusion you were conspiring to commit murder when you decided to drag her further away to finish her off.

You broke a great many of the laws of Jiyyd that day, and afterwards, you disappeared to live in Norwick, for many many years.

I have not seen you even one time inside Jiyyd in all the years since the week you committed these crimes, or I would have had you arrested. You moved to Norwick because you knew you committed crimes, it was no coincidence.

Since that time, we have heard you have committed all manner of heinious crimes elsewhere, leaving you banned or a criminal in many other places.

This is your problem, not ours.

You only try to return now that you have been sentenced, executed, revived and banned from Norwick, and cant live there.

Now,

leave, and dont come back."_

• Rando sends word to the council requesting a meeting

• @d262487a51=Stoned-Apple:

Uchi just shakes his head

Just ban the farker from town for what his done who cares about if his a banite or not. Just do it anyway whats he going to do cry and bitch about it who gives a damn. Just get this over with so dont have to hear all this bitching and moaning. Problems like this were so much easyer to deal with when i was working in norwick as milita. Just give all sides of the partys involed a good beating then throw them out of town or into a cell. Then its over with done but no all that seems to happen around here is talk and no action.

Leaning over the fence in front of the Sisterhood villa, Aelhaearn smirks and mutters to any nearby Sisters, "I may have spent too much time in Norwick lately, but -that- is the smartest thing I think Uchi has ever said."

• Dentin, comes out of the Jiyyd cave, pushing a cart filled with tin ore. On his way out of the town, he is blockaded by the bickering group, and speaks up.
    "Less talking, more crafting. Move."
    He then proceeds to push and shove his way trough, and out the gates.

• Uchi just shakes his head

Just ban the farker from town for what his done who cares about if his a banite or not. Just do it anyway whats he going to do cry and bitch about it who gives a damn. Just get this over with so dont have to hear all this bitching and moaning. Problems like this were so much easyer to deal with when i was working in norwick as milita. Just give all sides of the partys involed a good beating then throw them out of town or into a cell. Then its over with done but no all that seems to happen around here is talk and no action.

• _"Wog, he dragged a woman out of town against her will to beat her. Would you like the law to stand by and do nothing if that were to happen to you? I doubt that. And at that time Jiyyd did go as far out to the Sisterhood, not the entire road. We never claimed the entire road. So most fights you speak of probably took place past the Sisterhood.

Unfortunately we didn't have a militia back then. Otherwise this might have been settled out long ago."_

• @46a47bab03=Araighn:

Rando's crimes, some of which may have not taken place in the actual walls of Jiyyd, but still took place in Jiyyd territory.

::Speaks openly, although seemingly to Theaon, ignoring any who listen and not altering his words for the others::

_As i said, i am not taking Rando's side. But the "territory" you speak of isnt really fair to prosacute him on. I myself, my freinds, family and even The Leigon have attacked people in what you are counting as the duristiction of Jiyyd. And at the time it wasnt really Jiyyds terrotry, but just the road leading to Jiyyd.

I have more reason to want to see Rando gone than most people. I have wanted to see him dead dozens of times as i said. But i do wish to see anyone given a chance. Last i heard he was dead.. But here he is grins faintly

Point is, there are actully no grounds on which we can prosacute him. Well, thats not true, but none that are truely fair. Test him under a truth spell, and you will have your answers ._

• @041c6c52dc=Sethan:

I don't think Jiyyd law mentions a statute of limitations on kidnapping or assault.

Catching this, you foul-mouthed dwarfen priestess of Umberlee pipes up…

"Fark sake. We be gettin' mighty uppity wi' our learnin' fer a midden heap shite-pile o' a peasant coop."

• Will shrugs, hearing the discussion

Whether he is a banite or not just determines whether he is banned on that basis.

There is still the issue of the alleged crime committed in Jiyyd that must be addressed.

Rando's character and past history do not speak well for him on the likelihood that the allegations are true. but the Council will decide on the evidence.

As to the question of the time passed since, I don't think Jiyyd law mentions a statute of limitations on kidnapping or assault.

• @84477c13ab:

THe only thing that needs to be done is to test Rando of his so-called baniteyness

_"Wrong Wog. We do not let people get away with crimes no matter how long ago it was. Rando's crimes, some of which may have not taken place in the actual walls of Jiyyd, but still took place in Jiyyd territory. And you do not drag someone out of town against their will to beat them. That's just wrong.

I'm sure Lyte's given the council and the militia all the information they need to know. Hopefully they'll handle it from here and make the right decision."_

• Wog who just happened to be nearby, completly incoinceidently buts in at this point

"_Look, No point in argueing.. THe only thing that needs to be done is to test Rando of his so-called baniteyness. And if he is, then he is banned from town according to Jiyyd law, well as far as i know anywyas, havnt had a positioon here in 20 years.. But i rpesume all banites are still prhibated.

If he is not a baneite then i'm afraid there is no reason why he cannot enter town. All the allergations happened outside of Jiyyd's boundries.

And i'm not taking Rando's side here ::gives him an odd smile, but with no warmth:: We are not exactly freinds, and at times i'd have prefered to see him deader than a common orc. And i'm sure he has thought the same considering he has attacked me on a number of occasions. But on the matter if he is truley evil or not.. I have never been sure, even after our almost fatal disagreemnts in the past, He has saved my life a number of times. I dont know if hes evil, just that he can not be a very nice person.

But frankly, who cares, this land is filled with evil. If he is banite he is banned, if he isnt he is not according to the laws.

Find someone who can cast a truth spell..

THere is no need for this petty argueing_"

Wog turns back to whatever he was doing ebfore this with an annoyed look on his face

• _" for what? for something i may or may not have done 10 years ago? yeah right. don't go around insulting me… i would take up a duel with you anytime..... i win i walk, you win you arrest me

Charges if there is any have to be made by the person who i acted against, i was outside the town walls, that is where your laws stop and yes in norwick our laws did stop at the town gates.

its funny you bring up stuff that are so old after i have walked in and out of this town since freely, why not press charges then? because you had no grounds too as no crime was committed"

I wish to speak to the council, not the monkey who does not know what she talks about

its right the only way you got promoted was because you were good in bed_

• //I've tried hard to keep this as rumors, but you fellows have pulled it into a back and forth conversation, and this should all get moved elsewhere.//

A confrontation is rumored to have occured in Jiyyd

_"Rando, you are a liar.

We all know that you are a liar already, and that you will win no truth contests with me. This is a joke, and you are unarmed for any debate requiring credibility.

The official boundaries of Jiyyd, at that time, were the big rock near the Sisterhood. You were within Jiyyd the entire incident!

Norwick's town limits didnt end at the gate, at that time, neither did Jiyyds. You well know this already! Your transparent lies dont change that.

I have spoken to all the witnesses that were there, and I saved their statements, back when this occured, and before you ran away, which is MOST unfortunate for you.

You and Belade were on the benches of Jiyyd when you drug her off to beat her to the ground, which is kidnapping, and you were within touching distance of the west gate of Jiyyd when you attacked the unarmed paladin, which is assault.

You were inside Jiyyd, in front of dozens of witnesses whenever you claimed to be the law, a treasonous sort of thing to do, when you are and were at that time no such thing, and you then dragged the woman out of town.

After she was on the ground, you and the evil masked priest attempted to drag her further away…conspiracy to murder.

You are a liar, Rando, which we can easily prove by testing us both under strident conditions and consulting all the witnesses. You broke most of the laws of Jiyyd that day...and you fled, pure and simple.

I hope you are ready for some tests as to your truthfulness. I know I am.

Oh, and you are under arrest."_

//I'm off on a signing for the weekend, headng out the door. I saved the complete log of that whole original incident a long while back, and I've found it, and will send it to the Jiyyd DM as witness testimony.

If Rando wants to flee, fine, Lyte isnt dumb enough to chase him too far.

If he wants to attack her in town, I want at the least Dwin and Grag there, as Rando has RPed he has been talking with them during this. Obviously, there are witnesses in Jiyyd.

If Rando wants to let himself be placed under arrest, thats fine too, but this needs to lead to an in game conclusion, in my opinion.

Be back in game Monday, my apologies for leaving you hanging.//

• Rando Laughs

_It all took place OUTSIDE Jiyyd and that was ten plus years ago. How come no one came to arrest me during those ten years if i broke the law or even filed charges. Hell i used to visit Jiyyd all the time and no one even mentioned it.

I have fought a few duels which have resulted in peoples deaths, but they are duels of honour and i was the victor, its my right to spare them or not as champion.

In ref to the pallie, she insulted me and i called her out. I am quite within my rights to do that and it TOOK place OUTSIDE of Jiyyd.

I would like to Know who i tried to Kidnap? i am being accused of stuff that i have not even done.

Rule of thumb is, don't go around insulting me if you don't like getting a good kicking if i take offence.

No charges have been laid against me with even any proof, so how can you arrest me or do you like to make it up as you go along?

Maybe Jiyyd was a better place when Grag commanded here, now it seems its full of lying whiners."_