Drow in the Cat Cave

• Lilin requests a meeting with all associated Military commanders of the camp

"As most of you know, there have been repeated spottings of Drow in the cat caves near the camp. We need to take care of this issue immediately before the problem grows any worse and our woods become infested with those dreadful spiders once again.

"It seems to me that our forces specialize in the use of ranged weapons, and use light armor to fight our foes, which is fine, but makes fighting the Drow in caves a difficult task.

"Therefore, I would like to ask Norwick for their help by lending us a few men or guards to come and help us clear the cave and close whatever pathways the Drow are taking to get to this surface exit. I believe that Dwin, who already is close within our circle will be most helpful for this, and that we should not hesitate to ask our friends for aid in this matter. What are your thoughts?"

• I will be narfing for several hours this weekend.

• From the sound of things, a large band of adventurers, many wearing Norwick Militia cloaks, spotted drow in the Cold Caves north of the camp… and returned dragging at least one body.

-Lagermane

• ((I think w are waitin on a date from Andelas… probably the week of July 4 I think he said.))

• One known as the song giver, politely interrupts the meeting she does, amongst the people of authority she sees. For many weeks had passed, since last she heard of such talks involved.

"Weeks it has been, since progress I had seen. Ask I do if I may, if concrete plans had been laid?

For the camp has been, breathing in air of uneasiness. Sanctuary it holds, disturbed many times it already had, by driders we know and speak of.

Spiders raised by drows, attempt to feast on the people of the camp they did. Fears are struck, into the hearts of those unable to fight.

Merely I ask, for assurance from all of thee. If plans made by all involved, a foundation is already put into action, for the dark days to come?"

• Raver glances at Ael, her lips quirking in amusement

Did ye jus' die an' leave Dwin boss?

Or did we nae just say the Warriors would be runnin' this?

• Hardly new base. Drow have had temple under hidden Cove for many years. Was abandonned last time star went there though, maybe they moved back in.

• Dwin bows again to Lillin, a bemused smile on his face.

I will be bringing some of my best officers and soldiers to the camp. Many of them are friends to this camp already, some may not be…yet.

I would certainly hope that every courtesy is extended to them while they are here.

I will plan to put them all up in Cave Duj. We can likewise use my cave as a war-room to help plan the operation.

I would like to take a quick look at the cat-caves. It has been years since I have been inside. After that, I will return to the Realm and prepare my folks. I hope to be back here well within a ten-day, prepared for battle.

Dwin looks to Aelthas and Raver.

See that your men are likewise ready within a few days. Any maps you have of the caverns would be extremely useful to have ahead of time so that we can distribute them.

Now, who can show me this cave?

Dwin heads off with whoever is interested to take a quick look inside the cave…

• Smiles a little to her Son when he speaks, listening to the others, and ultimately looking slightly embarrassed when she realizes Dwin is there

"I guess its settled then? Dwin, you'll be working with Aelthas, Raver, And their units. We've had multiple spottings of Drow in the Cat-Caves to the south, which is much closer that I am comfortable with.

"I'd like to see the band either stopped or forced to retreat, and whatever path they are taking to be closed if possible. I think they have a new base of operations in the Chasm below, but I am unsure of where."

//The DM I believe is Andelas
    //So, please work with him and with each other to come up with a time to do this 🙂

• (Post Removed)

• Star nods when her mother asks if she likes Dwin, and meets Dwin's blank looks with confusion, quite clearly never associating Dwin with Norwicks Militia.

• A smallish roundish figure in a dark cloak that had been sitting in the outskirts of the group stands and reveals his familiar beard and smirk. He squints at Star as he stands and seems to briefly shake his head in either disappointment, or dismissal.

No need to track me down, Lillin. I accept this task on behalf of the Realm of Norwick. All you folks helped us out when Norwick was taken, and the way I see it, neighbors help each other.

We already got Romani merchants in Norwick… hopefully more to come since folks like to spend their gold there... The more our two camps can work together, the stronger... and richer... we both can be. Drow in your camp or bugbears in mine... we need to work together to keep our little part o this land safe for our children.

I accept this request to exterminate the dark-elf. Just let me know who I should work with here in the camp to coordinate it. I'd like to get in there right away to see what we are up against.

Dwin smiles at Lillin and gives a respectful bow of the head. As he looks up he again looks at Star with an expressionless, blank look on his face.

• Smiles a little back to her son

"Well then… if there are no major qualms, I'll go track down Dwin and Lucid and see if we can't get all of this underway. Unless someone else has something to say?"

• Well you like Dwin, Star. Really its just Rando spits and that Milshot fellow that were such crap. Many of the crafters are from Norwick.

And Milshot was just bad because he backed Rando. spits again

• If they wish to help.. no problem there. They will need to remember who is in charge in the camp.. it is not them. We followed their leadership in the fight for Norwick, they will do the same here.

If any of them, including their own Commanders, have a problem with taking orders from Gypsy Commanders, then no need to have them here.

For the record, I don't trust them completely either, but they are capable warriors.

Ael gives his mother a smile and goes silent, listening to the others.

• Star not like or trust Norwick. Always been nasty people in guard and always will be.

• "If you have issues Raver with Norwick, I would like to know what they are before we attempt this… I wouldn't want either side flustered by mistrustt from either party."

• _an' I ain't trust them folks down in Norwick as far as I can throw 'em.

but if you wanna use them ta clean up the Drow… I'm fine with it.
    As long as they don't start stationing men outside the Camp, or in it._

• tala slips some tea and adds

I trust Dwin. He owns a home here. He has an interest in seeing that the drow don't take over his home. It can't hurt to look strong and united against Peltarch either. I have never quite trusted the people that run that city.

• Lilin Responds Politely

"Our forces are excellent, numerous, and well trained. However, I worry that they are not trained for fighting drow in an confined space, and given that from what I seen, we are much better marksmen than swordsmen, and Norwick is the opposite. I see Norwick as a supplement, should they help us, not a replacement.

"… And truly I believe... it is a time for making friends, not enemies. Fostering a strong military relationship with Norwick with our own men and Norwick's men, could ensure the security of both towns for quite a time to come."