Are there any evil characters out there?

• Hey all!

I could be looking in the wrong place but where are all the evil characters?

I've only been here for a day or so but it strikes me as odd that when people encounter heavily armed players on the roads that they've never met before there is no sense of danger or fear in character or out. Is this server primarily based around the idea of Players all being good aligned and battling DM evil or do I just need to stick around longer?

• I know of a "Darker" druid sect that hangs. As well as some other organizations that would have no problems hiring "Self serving" type people. PM with the type position your char is looking for and I'll direct if I can.

• Not that I know of, but a lot of the evil groups would be quiet ones, you might hear about them only if another evil person notices your actions and takes a risk towards you.

Other option of course, is for you to try approaching someone you know is suss.

Either way, it's kinda risky.

• Legion

Are there any active groups that aren't halfer exclusive?

• A large Half-orc, wearing Blue and Black Fullplate, covered in blood and gore walks into the thread

"'Lo dere. I are Glunk, War Priest of Garagos, an' a member of da Iron Chain Clan. If yoo gots work, we gots workers. If yoo gots problems, heh, well we gots problems too, but we kin solve problems. Look for Iron Chain Clan members, we easy to spot."

Wanders out of the thread, happily singing a song that sounds something along the lines of "Garagos is so big, so strong an' so mighty dere's no-one dat he cannot smite"

• ICC

Ok for those of you who havent noticed yet, the Clan has already started, our first characters begun walking aroun on Sunday the 3rd.
    So far there are 4 characters that start from scratch (me included) the other 4 have kept their old chacters.
    Fine by me!
    The intention is to make the half orcs feel they are united and work for the same objective.

KULL (Half Orc Barbarian, Training Officer and Major in the Legion)
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!

• ICC

Each and everyone that has an Half Orc and wants to be a part of the Iron-Chain Clan, can join when ever they wish! I´ll not turn anyone down.

Some of the Iron-Chain Clan rules of conduct.

Honor GRUUMSH
    Each and every action the Clan is for the solo purpose of honoring "the all seeing one" GRUUMSH :twisted:

Uphold the honor of the clan at all times
    You represent not only the Clan, but The entire Half Orc Nation as well. Our reputation should make our members proud, and other people happy to have us around (or not :twisted: ).
    Don't let your guild mates down. Dishonoring the clan may mean loosing the fellow brethen respect.

Respect is manditory
    Treat all members according to their status in the Clan, respecting the chain in command.

Ask not what the clan can do for you, ask what you can do for the clan
    Members are expected to work together for the betterment of all. Don't expect more than you give. There are many ways to contribute to improve the community we are trying to build.

All members have the opportunity, and responsibility, to take initiative
    What ever your ideals are, you are free to take steps to guide the Clan in that direction. The Clan belongs to all members and its future depends on the contributions of every Half Orc Brother

Be supportive, do not let others badmouth the Clan
    We are brothers, and as so we have to defend the Clans good name and reputation.

Be positive and enthusiastic. Encourage integrity, praise virtue, and respect sacrifice.
    If you feel someone acts remarkably let it be known so that all members may be proud and the brave brother be rewarded for his great deeds.

In combat, honor your enemy by dying well, and when victorious thank them for the challenge
    Don't let your brethren face the enemy alone even if it means certain death. Let the enemy know Clan [Iron-Chain[/b] is united and will face death together before being dishonored individually.

Need before Greed. Always. When in a guild only group, no matter what the loot system used, the need before greed code is always in effect. Selfishness is not tolerated. (this is one of the hardest rule to follow IMO do to the Race & Alignment of the Clan)

The Chieftain and Shamans are the only brethren that speak officially on behalf of the clan.

For the Clan Symbol Im thinking about a Medallion or a big gold coin, with an engraved eye and a Torch and a Spear crossed behind it. I think its very IC to have that has a symbol for the clan.

The gold medallion or Coin, meaning the purpose of the Clan wich is to make profit. :2c:
    The Eye, Torch and Spear a tribute to GRUUMSH!! :twisted:

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

• Well, Glunk could be convinced to join up.

He's been wandering around looking for purpose since his master (Thuggrim) disappeared some time ago, and he definitely fits in with the idea of the group.

Just let me know if this gets off the ground, and you'll have a very capable battle cleric on your side

• ICC

It is just a submission. Pride is the only thing damaged, regain the honor by fighting back at a later time. If we killed each other off, there'd be no point. Our 'clan' would be over in a few days.

• @69330ecba5=Grak01:

Huzzah!

Soon, there will be rather different kind of goods flooded in the market :D~

Minor suggestion thought;

If chieftain is challenged, challenger needs to submit something valuable as a proof of his worthiness to issue challenge.
    Also, I thought it could be considered as option for chieftain to first put the wanna-be challenger to fight few honor guards before the actual fight for leadership. This and the tribute beforehand would assure that orks would be doing something else, than be challenging winner of a chieftain fight into another fight.

Just a suggestion

My suggestion is to let anyone challenge the chieftan, but either make it full PK, or the loser gives his weapon and armor to the victor, or both. That will make challenges very serious, and eliminate needless conflict. It also fits with the theme nicely

• ICC

Huzzah!

Soon, there will be rather different kind of goods flooded in the market :D~

Minor suggestion thought;

If chieftain is challenged, challenger needs to submit something valuable as a proof of his worthiness to issue challenge.
    Also, I thought it could be considered as option for chieftain to first put the wanna-be challenger to fight few honor guards before the actual fight for leadership. This and the tribute beforehand would assure that orks would be doing something else, than be challenging winner of a chieftain fight into another fight.

Just a suggestion

• ICC

Name format gunna happen, or you gunna PM it to us, Kullie?

• ICC

Ok, small up date time about my half orc clan idea.

Alright we´ve already found a name for the Half Orc Clan. The name is going to be "Iron-Chain" Clan.

The members ranks will:
    Chieftain
    Shaman
    Honor Guards
    Grunts (or fodder, runts, etc)

Becouse this is a barbarian clan, the leaders position can and wil be chalanged by any memeber of the Clan in a fight. The chalanger calls out the Leader and the has to fight or loose his rank as chieftain and even worst, loose the respect of his men.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!

• ICC

Yup. I'm in. Need to get some timezone info though. And some player info. And some IG/IC info. Then we'll be good to go!

• ICC

Har Har,
    Only strong and able orks allowed. No snotlings or whelps

😛

• I would love to join!

-Runs off to create an orc profile and such-

• ICC

Things are going extremely well so far, we´ve got the Pc´s that are willing to be a member of the Half orc Clan. We are 5 already and my initial thought was/is of 7 players Max.

Reason i decided to be just 7 members Max, is becouse its alot easier to do events and coordinate with each others in a small group. However i will not turn down any other members that wish to join the Half Orc Clan, so this pretty mutch meens that we´ll have an "open door policy".

The purpose of this clan is not the kind of a bunch of half orcs walking about looking for someone to slaughter and loot (although the idea does sounds appealing to me :twisted: )

The idea is an Half Orc Clan that is more directed to trade with various Factions (Gnolls, Orcs, Goblins, Hobgoblins, etc…) trade of wepons, gems, wine, ale, food, slaves, etc etc.... information exchange, Also to be bounty hunters and perhaps Mercenaries also.

I think its all for now.. i´ll keep this thread informed of the idea´s evolution.

• ICC

Thank you all for posting your ideas, recomendations, and personal experiences from playing an Evil PC and/or playing in a evil Guild. Indeed i´ve taken under consideration all your heads up, when writing this idea on paper. Im already finished, and soon enough i´ll posti it here.
    for now all i can give is the idea goes around an CN/Ce half orc clan, that prime objective is to unite the "lost brothers" that roam about in narfell.
    There is alot to write about it still.. i dont klnow if the guild will be for new characters or for characters that already exist, im not quit sure of the place where we´ll have our home base (although i have one in mind)
    Some other stuff i stil need to work out, but i´llpost it al in its own time.
    Again -thank you all- who wrote thier personal experices!

• The best lies are twisted truths, or the truth entirely.

Chaevre' tells the truth most of the time, believe it or not. it makes it easier to come up with alibies.

• I find misdirection better then a blatant lie unless there is a real purpose to the lie. I also find answering a questions with a quistion or changing the subject to be real helpful when dealing with some goody two shoes paladin or other character.

One of things to keep in mind though, as with any character, is to set some goals, both short term and long term. Some DM help may be good here since we work within the confines of a world run by them. Goals can change as your character moves through the world but you should have somethign to shoot for or your PC may jsut stagnate.

Darkspyr