Dwin stands on a bench

• Jiyydians!

Dwin chooses a time when there are plenty of folks about.

Have any o you even SEEN our leaders? I am talkin about Olem, Lens or Gend?

I havent seen them in over a year, and I am a Council member! There are issues of security to be discussed… and where are the leaders?

Some say that they have left ...chosen to find "safer" places. Others say that they are simply hiding from the threats that face us here in Jiyyd. Whatever the situation, we need to know.

Some of you folks are coming to me with issues and complaints about the way things are being handled in town right now. I am but one council member without the authority to change things! How I wish that I could help... where are the leaders that can?

There comes a time when current leadership doesnt fulfill needs. This may be it.

I propose that NEW LEADERS be chosen if we dont hear from Olem, Lens or Gend within a ten-day!

• Being a member of a gypsie camp himself, Zoma stays silent in the midst of intensed discussion knowing that being an outsider, gives him no place to speak up or taken seriously anyway.

"…At least its a start, let us hope the...argument has an end soon as well.

Regardless of being an outsider, I....have little desire to see Jiyyd fall as I have some of my most precious friends, family and memories in that town.

The Guardians and I will aide in anyway we can with either our blade or my past military experiences when the time comes Dwin."

Of this recent, Zoma had been visiting Jiyyd often and seen lately to be speaking with various merchants or traders who are still brave enough to perform businesses in Jiyyd. He could be heard mostly inquiring of the surrounding town's geographical region and areas that these traders are most familiar with that even the FarScouts may have overlooked.

• Shakes his head at Dwin growing angrier and angrier by the minute *

<d>arguin wit a bunch of legionaires goin teh solve wut? It be der mess, let em deal wit it. Why yeh farkin panties in un bunch oer dis shite hole is beyond me…

• Motions around the folk *

<d>yeh hear how dey talkin teh yeh... Carpetbagger... Norwick dis... Fark em.. Dey think dey know better yeh come back when dis all a pile of rubble anna den have yeh elections...

• Eyes narrow as he turns sharply and heads to Norwick *

<d>Right now... yeh look deh fool!

• Turns to leave but gives Genzir a hard look *

Nae see yeh doin much cept divertin deh issue... Norwick? Banites? Take un look at wut juss south of yeh... Dat YEH mess... Nae ours...

• Keeps staring down all who spoke ill of his cousin as he heads out the gate *</d></d></d>

• As Mariston walks past on his way to the temple of Helm he is heard to comment on Dwins remark

Gosh…someone from Norwick wished to preside over the elections?

I must say Lady Kara is a fine choice however.

• Dwin shoots Genzir a loo that would fry eggs

Thanks for voicin' yer opinion, lass. Since you aint on the Council, it frankly dont mean much.

Unless any other COUNCIL members disagree, we will give the current leaders one week to speak up. Then nominations will be heard and elections will be held.

Despite what the wiggler here thinks, I am NOT nominating myself for any position. I welcome any other COUNCIL members to assist with the elections, as we'll need the help.

chuckles I certainly am NOT going to invite senators from BARD town to come preside over our elections. You want trustworthy and you suggest someone from the most corrupt government I know! If Lady Kara wants to be involved, I think everyone would accept her assistance.

• Call obersves the talk and then speaks once there is a moment of silence I agree that their is a lack of leadership in Jiyyd. There needs to be someone who can speak on the towns behalf when trouble occurs, such as town attacks. Dwins plan seems solid, giving the current regime time to claim their positions or be replaced. Ginger representing the Silver valley is also a smart idea as she is an honest and trustworthy individual.

• After hearing that last remark, Genzir frowns and replies

Dwin presiding over elections? I don't think so.

Find somebody neutral and trustworthy, maybe an outsider like Senator Roland, maybe a local paladin like Lady Kara. Somebody who's wise to the ways of politics, who's not running for a position, and who's completely trustworthy.

• I am more than happy to preside over elections. AFTER we, the Council, conclude that our current "leadership" is indeedmissing or otherwise… out of their offices.

Dwin looks out at the crowd

I recommend you all start thinkin about who ya want up there gestures to the Council Building. If it turns out that we are indeed holdin elections, we'll be lookin fer nominations.

Dwin looks content that the conversation is finally moving along

I'd like all Council members to be here in Jiyyd one ten-day from tonight so we can make some decisions. Spread the word!

• Kara just glances back over the argument and then returns to watching the town, a golden blue cloak billowing in the wind, deciding to refrain from the 'discussion'

• Aelthas responds without even looking up from his armor

As I said, take him to Daisy if he has nothing to hide, he refused once already. If he is true to his word, I'll even help him change his life for the better.

But be ready, because a man changes, doesnt mean all his past actions are forgiven right away.

• from the back of the crowd and on his way out, Genzir listens to Aelthas and smiles, then speaks up

I don't want banites in town any more than you do, but that other night we just weren't in a position to turn down help. You know that as well as I do. Maybe I'm naive, I would have killed the fellow myself not four years ago, and now I'm holding out hope that he's changing. He risked his life along with the rest of us, and he was willing to take on an even riskier mission against the drow outside the walls. And you're right, I don't have any business making the laws, that's for the active town council that we don't have.

• Aelthas finally stands up and says something, his voice calm.

He was given a chance to go see Daisy to see if he was telling the truth. There are many banites and others of faiths not liked by many who have looked for a better life and asked many for help. They have searched out temples and priests, put an honest effort into it. Draihken and my father to mention a few.

Thisis about him declining the chance to prove he is truthful about his change of faith and until he does so, he is still a banite in alot of peopels minds.

Pulls his cloak off his shoulders and holds it up for everyone to see. The symbol of Helm stitched into it.

If what you base peoples motives on is symbols, I have a helmite symbol on my cloak, does that mean I am no longer a follower of Selune? No, its a symbol, nothing more. Many people use deception as a tool, this could be just that.

Have him come to Peltarch, talk to Daisy, do not resist her spells in any way and prove what he says is truthful and then I'm sure alot of people will be more friendly to him, myself included.

If you are all wondering why Daisy is chosen for this, it is because she is one of the most powerful priestesses in the land and as a mage, Ezachiels mind is more than likely resisitant to such spells.

I am not one to deny someone a chance to change, but the person must prove they really want that change.

People fail to see that the legion doesnt make laws in this town, the militia doesnt make the laws, they enforce them, or at least some of them do. Anyone who lets him into town or hides him while he is in town should be charged as well.

As for the council members, if they are no longer involved in the town, remove them and elect new ones. This town doesnt need people that dont voice thier opinions in times such as this, this town needs leaders who are around to make the decisions that need to be made.

He just sits down afterwards and stretches out on the grass, polishing his armor a bit

• Ginger stands up on a bench beside Dwin's.

Atel retired years ago and the Jiyyd Council does not have a replacement councillor to represent the Silver Valley. I would like to serve as representative for the Silver Valley, but I am barred from Council meeting rooms despite requesting to be allowed in. Does the Jiyyd Council even meet anymore? Where are the Helmites who rose up to fight the Legion for control of the militia? I can't recall the last time I saw one actively defending Jiyyd.

I agree with Dwin. Something has to be done. Retired members need to be replaced. Jiyyd has enemies, it needs leadership.

She steps down from the bench and rejoins the mob.

• Krig simply listens at first, seeming to be in thought.

There is war comin, do nay doubt it and do nay question me Faith on it. The only chance is ta unite tagether and follow me inta battle singin songs o praise ta Tempus. The Horde be gatherin on the doorstep o Jiyyd. Do nay let yer petty squabblin with each other come in the way o victory, or the entire region o Narfell will suffer the consequences. Again, I urge ye's ta join in the songs o battle with me, but I warn ye, do nay question Tempus' motives or me own Faith.

His eyes fall on Genzir at the last statement

• _"Hm.. yes, well unless another is interested in meaningless bickering and the proclamation of personal issues, perhaps we could move on to see what each of us can do for the good of Jiyyd. That is what this discussion ultimately is about, no?

I suggest that the Legion works on a number of protocols to handle different possible situations regarding the orcs, the giants or anything else that might threaten the town. Spellweaver should put itself to good use and finding solutions for magical problems, such as drow simply teleporting into the town…

Also, perhaps the residents of the Silver Valley may have something to say on the matter.. after all, Jiyyd has always stood between the valley and a variety of dangers, and so they have a right to speak on this as well.

Deal with the immediate threat first.. the orcs.. the drow... And perhaps Dwin, being still active as council-member could organise elections?
    On my part, I can look into the walls and static defenses of the town, and see where they can be improved... Who is responsible for the walls? The Legion? The Militia?"

Dentin than goes around town trying to find who he should speak to about the fortifications, keen on making an example by acting for the good of the town, rather than engage in endless amounts of debate._

• Genzir replies, as he begins to walk away

Maybe Norwick harboring a banite that murdered our townsfolk and tried to provoke us into a war is one of our problems? If you have any evidence he's still following Bane I think we'd all be much obliged, the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned. And yes I think it's a fine idea to get the council moving.

• Jerr looks up from the fire where he is warming his hands.

I agree with the gist of what Master Dwin is saying. Seems that Jiyyd is becoming a carriage stop and a military outpost. Orders are given by the Legion for lack of any other obvious leadership. When an attack comes you see a group mill about the gates waiting for someone to step forward and give orders. If nobody does the you get loners wandering out onto the plains. and dying if the drow are about.

You do need a more active leadership but I am not sure you are going to find anyone everyone would trust and follow. My short list of those folks is fairly short.

Name calling and deciding who is more a citizen ain't called for, though. People who die at the gate shere don't ask themselves 'hey, is this my home'? The step up and do what needs to be done.

As to moving the things south, I have, in the past. moved the kids clear of the Sisterhood when the threats to the house and town got extreme. I would expect no less of Dwin and his smiles loved ones.

But what do I know, I live with the Gypsies and have no say in what goes on here.

• returns the satisfied smile

Dont get yerself all worked up ina tizzy now, laddy. Ya might break sumtin.

So, he wears a new symbol now? Ah, i see that's all ya need to be convinced he aint a banite anymore.

chuckles and shakes his head

Maybe if the orcs show up at yer lil acadmey with robes on, you'll invite em all in as fellow wigglers, too?

This aint about Norwick. Norwick aint got the problem's Jiyyd's got right now. Sure, we got some issues, but at least we know who's in charge and those of us that are dont sit on our arses fer months lookin to make decisions. Ya seem mighty interested in tryin to change the focus o this conversation away from Jiyyd. You even live here? You on the Council?

The people here deserve more from the leaders, dont ya agree? All I am tryin to do is find out where the leaders are, and if they're gone, to put new ones in place. Fer some reason yer takin this all terribly personally, Genzir.

smirks

taps his chin I am tryin to figure out why a wiggler like you is takin so much offense to someone like me who's tryin to make things right here in Jiyyd… hmm... maybe you got sumtin to gain by Jiyyd fallin? You're consortin' with banites and lookin fer Jiyyd to fall... shrugs I seen stranger things I s'pose. O course, ya could just be one o those farks that likes to hear himself talk.

Anyway waves you aside is there anyone here that is actually interested in makin some changes fer the good o Jiyyd?

• satisfied smile

Oh, Ezachiel! The fellow that killed several townsfolk and then tried to blame it on the orcs to start a war, and was then taken down outside of Norwick by General Grag, who was then fined, by Norwick. Really, you should be the one telling us about him, since the banites are all welcome in Norwick. I'm surprised you don't know these things, seeing as how you mainly work there.

But, since you're so eager to help, I'll fill you in. He's been wearing the symbol of Azuth for years now. He even takes some assignments from the Chancellor of Norwick. And yes, Spellweaver and Norwick are giving him a chance to prove he's mended his ways, even though he's still banned in Jiyyd. I don't know how you could have missed all this seeing as how you mainly work in Norwick. I guess it's a good indication of how much help you'll be to Jiyyd.

And for the record, the Legion doesn't want him in until the Jiyyd militia says it's okay. There was that one night when he was helping us, when we were fighting for our lives against the drow. But I guess we can't blame you for not knowing about that either, since you left right after you got knocked down trying to charge their position.

• chuckles Me? Desperate?

I aint the one letting that Ezachiel fella in… from what I hear, yer the one that's buddies with him. Maybe you could tell us more then?

Otherwise, stop wastin me time.

• @67017e3523=Clan:

I got folks comin up to me complain that there are known banites allowed in town by the Legion… and that you, Genzir, have no problem with it either, yet there's no one to even bring such an issue to.

Are you desperate for dirt or just clueless?