Query: Naming Policy (New Player)

• Regarding the Naming policy. Do the staff/DMs have a preferance that only the First & Last name of the charecter be Used during charecter Creation? or Are Players welcome to Include any coloquial or title-like names…

Pulling an example out of the hat... well, an old char.

Kaul Iron-jaw Methalthorson.

Iron jaw was a name earned in his youth... Would the DMs perfer the name to be simply

Kaul Methalthorson? or Kaul "Iron-jaw" Methalthorson?

thank you for the help. I know this may seem a rather annoying question. but it was unclear to me at the time of posting.. and remains so

• Allright, thanks for all the help. Decided to amke a big northerner for my first char. Keep an eye out for..

Bran Hillskraad.

oh and, I'm not keen on starting another thread for this… but trying to get the soundsets override to work, i downloaded the .txt doc and i'm not shure what to do with it, just place it in my Overrides folder? just seemed strange that it was a .txt document... or do i modify it ot a .2da file?

• @0b16353b06=Ace-of-Spades:

Aye, as they have said, others have used colloquial names like that before. I believe they add flavor, background and RP opportunity to a character as well.

On the quotation marks, when you send a tell in NWN it is in the format of /t "Name" [Text]. When you use quotation marks in your name, it breaks up the tell into 2-3 sections, thus causing the name to be incorrectly recognized by the system, and the tell does not go through.

I way I foudn around that - As i often adventured with Tando "Gears" Slipperyfoot, was to send the tell to the account name instead. But yes, tis a pain.

• Legion

Keep in mind you might be given a nickname different than the one floating above your head.

I made a PC named 'Tulkesden' with the hopes he would be called 'Tulk' but instead he ended up being called 'Dog Boy'

I like Dog Boy better. :lol:

• Aye, as they have said, others have used colloquial names like that before. I believe they add flavor, background and RP opportunity to a character as well.

On the quotation marks, when you send a tell in NWN it is in the format of /t "Name" [Text]. When you use quotation marks in your name, it breaks up the tell into 2-3 sections, thus causing the name to be incorrectly recognized by the system, and the tell does not go through.

• ok, thanks for the clarity.

• That should be fine, but I strongly recommend that you do NOT use quotation marks in your name. If you do, it will prevent players from sending tells to you by character name (like if they click to send a tell through the player list).

• You'd not be the first, and you won't be the last, don't worry 🙂