Ikurus' Prize

• login: wannebe_irish (no caps)
    character: Yolanda

Finally she arrived, it was night time and she was tired, so she rented a room and went to bed… everything would be clear again in the morning.

She opened her eyes and sat on the bed, thinking of what had happened.
    It had been some time now, she had met this rather charismatic man called Ikurus, she didn't know why he came to her, but he did, and told her he had some bussiness to discuss with her.

They went to the nearest tavern, where he offered her a drink and ordered a bottle of wine for himself.

"Tell me, love, am I right in believing you have a gift?" he asked.
    She was stunned... he had sensed it... for some reason this made her more interested in what he had to say.

She asked him of what importance that was, and he replied: "The gift itself isn't of that much importance, but it will aid you a great deal in your goals..." he stopped and looked her right in the eyes.
    "And just what do you know of my goals?" She asked, as if he had no idea of what he was saying.

"I can see it in your eyes, love, you have a thirst for power, but you're not completely sure of how to get it... I can help you with this..." he said.
    At that moment, something inside of her snapped... this man offered her power with so great a conviction, there had to be a truth behind it.
    "Go on, you've peaked my interest..." she said, trying to look calm and distant, but he knew better.

"You want to learn how to develop your gift, and in time, master it. But this is not all, you want to become renowned for your powers, as well as your actions. But, besides mere fame and a hold on the Weave, you want to have influence, and the best way to get this is through money" he grinned, the twinkle in her eyes told him he had already won, this was almost too easy.

She nodded, trying to stay calm, though it was clear she was already trapped in her own daydream. She inquiered of him: "What will you have me do? And what will you have to gain by this?"
    "Well, I'm establishing a gentlemen's club, in Narfell, and i need waitresses, preferably ones as beautiful as you. My gain will merely be that your beauty can make a name for my club..." he replied.

But she was smarter than this, and asked him: "No, there is something else, you would never ask a complete stranger, this far from Narfell, if what you say is all that needs to be done."

He swallowed slightly, he did not expect this reaction and said: "Well, love, there might be something more to do... as I said, you are a very beautiful woman... and some of the gentlemen at this club might want to pay quite some coin for this beauty to be at their disposal." His voice became hushed and a bit unsure at the end of the sentence, as he noticed she hadn't drunk even the slightes bit, and therefor, was quite sober.

She nodded slightly and said "I understand... but still, why me? there must be tons of beautiful girls out there who would do such things for easy coin."
    He grinned and said: "Your motivation is stronger than theirs... besides, with your gift, I see great potential in you..."
    He stood up, took a bow and said: "Alas, i must be on my way, please, consider my offer. If you choose to do this, send word for Ikurus Darkrune in Peltrach, and head for the Boarshead Inn, in Norwick, I will try to meet you there as soon as possible. I trust you can find the way?"
    She nodded and said: "I'll think on it."

With that he walked towards the door, but stopped dead in his tracks, then turned around and said: "I can't believe I forgot to ask, but, what is your name, love?"
    "Yolanda," she said "Yolanda Jamia, but if I choose to do this, swear to me you won't ever tell anyone my last name... I don't want my family to find out..."
    He nodded and said, with a wry, cocky and crooked grin: "You have my word, love."

She hadn't seen him afterwards, and she had taken quite some time to consider his proposition.
    She thought it for the best, and decided to take her chance, though not entirely sure, and not with all her heart.
    But whenever she had the feeling she wanted to leave it all behind, she told herself: "Life's an eternal struggle for power, and the body is but a vessel."

She shook her head and cleared her mind, she had made her decision, and now she was in Norwick.
    She got dressed and went downstairs, where she saw Ikurus waiting for her, with that same grin as he had the other day.
    "I have a little gift for you, Yolanda love." He said, and he gave her some skimpy clothes.
    She looked at them, and needed to remind herself of what she had said, as she would have to do many times after that, she was sure of it.

• Reviewed - XP Pending.