*A letter is delivered to the Gypsy Camp*

• A hin dressed in legion colors, armor dented, orcish arrow shafts sticking out of him here and there, stiffly delivers a letter to the gypsys sitting around the fires at the camp.

_"War is a brutal thing from which death and destruction is oft the only fruit which is borne.

Sometimes it is forced upon one, when one is attacked in ones home by honorless creatures bent on the destruction of women and children, such as the time when gnolls struck you in the night, killing your children, driving you from your homes.

Now, the giants have done the same against us, in league with orcs, bugbears and other foul creatures.

They crushed Ormpur, slaying women and children, for no cause, stating no desire, sparing no one from the chill of death and slaughter.

When you were at need, when you did not have the soldiers to man the front lines, we were there for you….and these creatures were out to conquer only your camp, not all of these lands, like this enemy intends.

I recall a bridge inside the camp, as we attempted to take the place back for your people, and myself and Dwin and one other holding it against a host of hundreds of gnolls, completely alone.

Today, our troops are spread thin, defending not only the gates at the western defense, but also the widely spread cliffs, the eastern gate of Jiyyd, and making sure the giants and orcs dont open the way at the worg caves.

We patrol this entire front, as orcs have snuck through our barracades and things before. I do not have the manpower to always have sufficent forces for the gates.

This is a practical fact, and no amount of Aelthas or Raver screaming at my lack of troops gives me more men and women to fight with.

What we most lack are numbers. Our defenses have held so far, and the troops we have are of high quality, but we certainly do not have the numbers to hold without aid from other towns, guilds and communities.

I have carefully looked for the source of the sending back of bodies to the enemy, and the evidence is strong that such an idea did not originate anywhere amongst my troops, nor amongst anyone from Jiyyd.

I cannot be everywhere at once. If someone had brought this to my attention sooner, I would have acted. No one did.

In any case, the moment Raver pointed out to me this was happening, I ordered all bodies of all enemy troops burned in pyres, which of course, is the way many of the Narsmen, like old Uthger, went to their gods.

This has been my policy from the start of hostilities with these child murdering, woman crushing monsters who invade our homes. The idea of sending the bodies accross for burial rituals originated....somewhere other than in Jiyyd.

This is a war they have brought to our homes. If they do not like how we burn their bodies, the enemy can return to their homes. If Tempus desires some sort of elaborate funeral ritual, how will he feel about honorless giants surprising and murdering the helpless women and children of Ormpur?

This is war. I understand your sorrow and rage at losing troops. I have lost more of my brave warriors than anyone in this fight.

Legion will die, Norwickians will die, Gypsys will die, and one other thing is certain.

If we choose to fight separately, individually, and from places without carefully prepared walls and baracades and gates....many, many more will fall, then if we stand together.

We need to realize that war brings death, and that sacrifices will need be made from us all.

We cannot run, for no where will be safe.
    We need to engage the enemy not inside our towns, camps and villages, where the enemy can kill our innocents, but rather, out where it is our soldiers behind defenses whittling down the enemies greater numbers, on an isolated battlefield.

That is why we are standing where we are.

That is where we have a chance.

We need the Camp.

I am calling a meeting of all Defenders, where each can express their ideas for success, and we can form a more active plan for achieving victory over this enemy that faces us all.

I hope to see you represented around our tables.

Respectfully,

Lyte Bry'Gaede, Operations General, Troff Legion

Western Defense Headquarters"_

//Posting a war thread on the Jiyyd boards soon all can participate in, who wish to.

• Jonathan greets the messenger with some warm food and reads the message over before sending him back with no answer other then..

"We'll be discussing this."

He goes looking for Aelthas and Raver immediately after.