New Portrait Pack

• Is it possible to unlock the monster portraits? Just for fun?

• @6411c1947d:

Really nice pack! But is it just me or does it now take almost a minute to get into the portrait part of character generation?

Bear in mind that it's loading all of the pictures before displaying the screen. It would take a powerful computer indeed to load up 1000+ low-compression pictures in a few seconds.

Excellent collection, by the way, though it duplicates quite a few that I already had.

• I find a picture for all my narfing needs 🙂

Only problem I have with it is when I'm scrolling down and see two or three different versions of the same picture (every once in a while a badly edited one to turn them into a drow) before I find what I'm looking for.

Otherwise, the load time is worth the wait.

• The portrait pack has over a 100 pictures to choose between as it is, and was specially made for Narfell.

😉

• There are alot of players that have custom portraits, maybe we should try to put together a narfell Portrait pack for those players with custom portraits (those not in the pack)

• I would suggest trying out The Gimp as a free alternative.

• You need an image manipulation bit of kit that can cope with tga files.

PaintShopPro definitely does load them.

• Incredible !

Is there a way to see the pics without Neverwinter ? I would like to find a picture and modify it to create my character personnal picture…

Thanks !

Milla Dannode'lin: Description; Story; Journal

Frandor Dannode'lin: To come…

• I tried downloading and installing it.. Corrupt for me.

• @356f027c3f=Rangy:

cause women are hot?

Seems the most likely answer

• cause women are hot?

• It takes a while, so let it take a while. Not like you create characters that often surely!

• There's a huge number of portraits in there. I think it's gonna slow down anybody's computer to load them all when you go to choose a portrait.

• @359e88cb27=Tarlee:

Really nice pack! But is it just me or does it now take almost a minute to get into the portrait part of character generation?

It takes me that long too since adding the portrait pack. My computer is slow (it's pretty new, but it's a laptop). Don't know about everybody else.

• Really nice pack! But is it just me or does it now take almost a minute to get into the portrait part of character generation? Not a huge complaint, but there you go! To the Linux person, more power to you! I would run it in my Ubuntu install, but sill linux refuses to run opengl off of my sis graphics card :x
    Oh well! Anyway, if you are dual booting, maybe you could run it in windows? or get a windows friend with NWN to do it for you, then zip the files and send them to you? Thats all I can think of, sorry!

• would it be possible to get this pack as a .tar.gz or .tar.bz2

I can't extract the portrait pack even by using wine ((i'm using debian linux right now so i can't really use the installer))

thanks 😄

• Forgive the newbie question, but having just joined, that is all I have.

Is there a portrait pack that I can download for my mac?

It sounds like a fantastic piece of work.

Thanks.

• Try downloading again.. I didn't have any problem with it.

• Is there some "trick" to getting this to install? I keep getting gottverdammer "corrupted file" messages… :?:

• Woah thats a whole lotta freakin pics….takes me like 30 seconds to actually upload the screen.But it's still awesome 😄