Being evil in Narfell

• @2e84d0090a=Katebush:

Yeah alright, 5 heads. but I stand by the first bit, and no not based on angband. I was tired last night 😞

Only the truly noble and great among us play Angband!

bows respectfully

• @80fd924c24=Katebush:

Yeah alright, 5 heads. but I stand by the first bit, and no not based on angband. I was tired last night 😞

Lies! All lies!

• Yeah alright, 5 heads. but I stand by the first bit, and no not based on angband. I was tired last night 😞

• @5437dd5c42=Katebush:

Tiamat is the seven headed Celestial Dragon of Evil, and is female, you philistines.

Celestial of evil? you're thinking angbad 😛 And Tiamat has 5 heads, one for each chromatic dragon colour: Red, Blue, White, black and green

• @cfb6f03a6c=Katebush:

Tiamat is the seven headed Celestial Dragon of Evil, and is female, you philistines.

Feminist..

• Tiamat is the seven headed Celestial Dragon of Evil, and is female, you philistines.

• Hes in the 9 hells and yeah hes a god even though its a dragon

• you won't get banned from Peltarch, banites walk around there too. Only a follower of Tiamat would get trouble with a lot of other evil deity followers, Tiamat is no real too, right? I thought it was some 7 headed dragon

• @9745090c08=Wannabe_Irish:

I'm trying to make a follower of Tiamat, an evil deity, how do I go about making sure I let people know I worship her, so I don't receive a Fallen Token, without getting banned from towns or cities?

You dont need to get a Fallen Token, just work secretly…Do you jobs at night...

• I'm trying to make a follower of Tiamat, an evil deity, how do I go about making sure I let people know I worship her, so I don't receive a Fallen Token, without getting banned from towns or cities?

• Keep your enemies closer.

Oh and keep your underwear fresh….seriously.

• Keep your friends close…

• @36d774e391=Mischa:

True, though I wouldn't go so far as to say deception is the only way to play evil effectively.

'xactly, Deacon is rather open about it, not shunning to beat someone up in public over nothing, still he never gets any obstruction from no law force in no town whatsoever..

It all comes down to the friends you have.. 😉

• True, though I wouldn't go so far as to say deception is the only way to play evil effectively.

• Chaevre's long term goal has never been to kill good people, more so to control their way of living. And in order to do that you need political power, allies, authority, knowledge, money etc.

She started as a beggar, then became a small time merchant, then became a great merchant, now she has informants on the insides of many organisations, soon she will be getting even more power.

People know she is evil but for whatever reason they choose not to reveal her, probably because of Chaevre's reputation no one will believe her.

Like when Maythor and a half dozen militia surrounded her and stated she is under arrest for Helping Kuuzu. Seconds later I had the Legion at my side defending me and convinced the militia I was innocent.

Its that kind of connections and misconceptions that will get you ahead as evil.

• I have no idea who you are sciolist, but well said.

Well-played evil is something that you, as the player of it, will learn to love and hate. One day you'll be at the top of your game, and the next you'll end up bleeding to death in the Nars with nobody to help you. Well, I hear there was a treaty with the bandits so they're neutral now, but you get the picture. Evil does not strictly restrain itself to spitting on PC corpses and killing off the good-aligned characters. This has always been a bit of a misconception influencing negative stereotypes about evil characters: that they exist to take things away from good PCs and overall make the game less enjoyable for the rest of the server. Taken in isolation, every character should exist to create an enjoyable atmosphere on the server while being true to his/her roots.

I am not saying an evil character shouldn't kill a paladin who decides their detect evil tool is judge and jury, but very rare is the evil character whose long term goal is to kill good characters. Think about what the character wants out of life, and how to pursue it without scruple. Power, wealth, fame, survival, and revenge are all goals common to neutral and good characters, but the singleminded pursuit of any of the above creates morally questionable attitudes. If somebody insists on getting in your way, perhaps they're expendable. On the other hand, you could also try to evade them, bribe them, threaten, or even get to them on a personal level.

• In my perception, the biggest problem is that it's more acceptable for a good character to kill an Evil one than the other way around. Opportunist predatory evil is mandated against by the PK rules to some extent, whereas I have got the impression that a good character killing someone 'just because they're evil' is an occupational hazard of having an Evil alignment, or an Evil deity.

Not that it stops me, and I've never been killed yet under those circumstances, but I suspect it makes people think twice about playing someone Evil, rather than another dark shade of neutral.

Looking forward to Zan's church of Bane though. Might have to start a Banite, or convert an existing chr.

• :pokeball:

• i remember something like that the gnome mafia in pelt that was great stuff to bad it died. but would be fun

• A big maffia family would be cool, especially with 2 of them and gangwars and lots of gold.