The undead posse

• @249463f268=ChaosShade:

oh okay we can have any smacktard who decides to play drow killed by sewer monsters then 😉

I can tell you right now your forum name is going to cause confusion 😉

• oh okay we can have any smacktard who decides to play drow killed by sewer monsters then 😉

• @ba948b9b76=Masume:

This whole concept was brought about by a need to determine how well a PC monster/evil group can be handled in more controlled PvP situations. Prior with Vinessa's group, we were still in our infacy with more constructed evil vs good PC scenario's. With the Underground heading down the pike, it's a good time to get some nice testing in. 😉

Give most of these folks a hand, their working uncharted territory.

Sigh. no comment.

• Nope, just an army of failed prototype Atols and Kute.

• @457c8a9358=Magi13:

Pleae, keep in mind, this is UNDERGROUND, not UNDERDARK.

Two very different concepts and ideas.

Right. Instead of duergar and drow, you should be thinking mutants and sewer rejects. a la X-Men.

• Pleae, keep in mind, this is UNDERGROUND, not UNDERDARK.

Two very different concepts and ideas.

• if they are confined to starting in the underdark I dont see a reason why not they'd be KOS on the surface and non-roleplaying drow can be slaughtered role-playing drow it's not like drow dont kill each other 😉

• I think all pertinent physical characteristics should be in the "biography" (which is really a description box) slot. Of course, I don't see a compelling reason to start allowing Drow at all anytime soon, but that's just me.

• Aaaaah, that makes a lot of sense…yes, GGz all.

Once there is an underdark, or if people create certain antithetical races, perhaps one could use a certain naming convention, ie puts (D) in front of a Drow's name...because the way people pick colors for their avatars now there will be no way to know who is really playing a Drow versus a really dark human or elf, while those actually "on the ground" should be able to look at someone and say "Hey, that's a (fill in the blank)!"

• Just because it said "Fleshling" above it's head, doesn't mean that's what it was.

• Actually, aren't they technically Fleshlings? That is what bit Raila in the first place under the well.

• Just to stick my nose in where it doesn't belog… shouldn't these undead PCs be ghouls instead? Since the description of zombies would not allow for these PCs to be disguising themselves or making plans to attack intelligently?

@af79d9c4e0=3E:

Zombies are corpses reanimated through dark and sinister magic. These mindless automatons shamble about, doing thier creator's bidding without fear or hesitation.

Zombies are not pleasant to look upon. Drawn from thier graves, half decayed and partially consumed by worms, they wear the tattered remains of their burial clothes. A rank odor of death hangs heavy in the air around them.

Because of thier utter lack of intelligence, the instructions given to a newly created zombie must be very simple, such as "Kill anyone who enters this room."

Whereas ghouls on the other hand keep thier language skills and are descibed as being "cunning and feral" and "savour the taste of the flesh of people"… THE 3EMM also doesn't say that they have the stench of the grave specifically, which would make it possible to disguise themselves.... I guess.

So, ghouls are actually much closer to the descriptions used for the undead PCs thus far. Hope that helps.

And I love the idea of more PC monsters. I just hope that it is better thought out before it is put into practice to avoid any difficulties in game.

• @de20e5c1d6:

yeah.. one ore thing.. i have never played an evil character before.. let alone an undead one. so if you think i'm not RPing correctly, i would appriciate your comments to help me out

The same goes for me as well. I'm relatively new to the community compared with other players on ther server, so I'll gladly accept any thoughts or opinions of how I'm doing with Raila. 😉

• @3a2c556029=Magi13:

The slashing doing less damage only applies to skeletons, not zombies. Zombies still have that nice flesh for a blade to bite into.

"nice flesh" - not ALL zombies, but I think we got a good crew including Raila and Luna… 😉

• The slashing doing less damage only applies to skeletons, not zombies. Zombies still have that nice flesh for a blade to bite into.

• yeah.. one ore thing.. i have never played an evil character before.. let alone an undead one. so if you think i'm not RPing correctly, i would appriciate your comments to help me out 😄

evil Luna

sunshine23

• i just got a few questions regarding our characters and what they feel…. can they feel pleasure, pain, sadness, joy, etc?..... second: do we have weaknesses-ie. fire, certain weapons, holy water-?... will slashing weapons hurt us less then blunt weapons?..... i think the healing problem has been mentioned. so anyone that knows who and what we are, please assume that it's negative energy... also, i don't know how long plots go on for in narfell, so can someone please tell me whether it depends on what the DM says, or do the players say, "that's it, that's enough"?
    yeah.. that's all i got...

evil Luna

sunshine23

• It would be easy enough to add a segment to the healing scripts that checked for the target character having an undead token in his inventory (Which is what I assume is going to be done) but to avoid unintentional PKing through the use of a good natured healer why not have it so that the heal spell only does damage if the caster is hostile to the target otherwise nothing happens at all?

Though personally I think it would be great to see such a sinister plan fall apart because some first level cleric was just trying to be nice. :twisted:

• @cbad07168e=Flinkie:

::Heals the undead::

Should the healing be counted as a pk attempt? I'd say, even though it's all rp right now, might as well practice.

Very good question. I personally wouldn't implement this undead venture until some of those common situations are figured out. I'd hate to see this interesting idea have its problems solved in a "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it" fashion. That leaves itself open to many consistency errors because the players and DMs will come with impromptu answers that may be overruled later.

@cbad07168e:

And, if I can't pk him, what should I do? Remember, I'm a fighter with 8 wis.

Well, that's a hole you dug yourself into. I hope you have a good Intelligence or Charisma that may help you come up with a good lie that the other person will believe.

• Council of Moradin

@e9eb16b11c=GridReaper:

Make sure you test this first. I've tried a Cure Serious Wounds spell on a nearly dead Boneling (assuming it is Undead) and then saw its health actually increase. It appears not all undead are hurt by "Cure" spells in Narf.

I know it sounds odd, but bonelings and fleshlings are not undead. I'll not divulge more.