Recruit Trainining with Colonel Mord Cabro

• They meet at the Old Southern Gates, Devlin stands atop the ridge waiting for them. He instructs them to stands below.

"We will be doing some combat training today, but there are a few things 'at we need ta be goin' over first. First off, is a lot more to battle than just killin' your opponent. Must respect opponent much… for every enemy you defeat, you learn something new... and must thank enemy for giving opportunity."

Devlin walks down the ridge, and stands a few feet away from the three...

"Second, you all need to learn how to function together an' effectively in a group. Know your role... and play it well. Dun' stray from what you are supposed to be doin'. Disorganization is big disadvantage to you... for an enemy. With 'at said, what is it you all do best? You all prefer a different job, or style of fighting... so what be they? Muss over it for a moment, because these will be the roles you will be training in today."

He crosses his arms, with a smirk on his face, awaiting answers from the recruits.

• Dwalin woke up quickly with the calls of Belin. When Devlin said what were the recruits instructions, Dwalin already was finishing to put his armor on.
    With a smile nods and satizfaction in his eyes Aye Devlin, in Southern Old Norwick ruines.

• The young man grunts, not even moaning as Belin sends him down easily, almost continuing his sleep until Devlin comes in with his orders. He nods feebly.

"Ay, sir. Will do."

He rubs his eyes and yawns, seeing the four.

"Eh, good morning. I'll get in armor soon. Soon be now. Nice to clean pots in armor."

He grunts again, heading out, bringing his armor pieces with him.

[Edit: I apologize if I won't be very active these coming days. Busy schedule, but will do best to fit in Narf. The timezone, GMT +8, doesn't help either.]

• Mord frowns at teh recruits and shakes his head at Devlin. I pity ye lad but see what ye can do. Recruit Farly, ye will report to me at dismissal.

Mord inspects the rest of the guard and turns them over to the lieutenants, then watches the three recruits scurry for the south gates of the old town ruins.

((Farly, I am sending you a PM))

• Listening outside in the hall, Devlin stomps into the room as if he had no patience, with not even so much as a smear of pride across his face.

"Alright ye lot! As -soon- as you are done cleaning, you are to report to Colonel Mord at muster. After a head count, you will be spending the day with me, doing training exercises in the Rawlinswood. You are to report to me at the Old Norwick Southern Ruins. These are going to be live training exercises, so you best hope you are awake and ready by then. I'm talking to you, Ivor, Dwalin, and Alfonso. If the Colonel instructs you to go along, Farly, then you will be coming too."

Devlin looks each of them over, then gives Belin a sharp nod, trudging out of the room just after a quick turn of his head, his neck popping and cracking several times.

• grunts looking over the scrap of a recruit with the dagger. She makes a sweeping kick with her short stubby leg to land him on his arse

who da fark are yuh? Nay draw un dagger ungainst yer commerades.

grunts and barks at the other three to set to cleaning and glowers at the man on his ass

• Scampering is heard by the other three as Belin speaks with them. A young man, black hair messy from sleep, is holding a dagger in his hand, half-awake. He grunts in annoyance, seeing the four, and mutters a question in grogginess.

"There is goblins?"

• Belin waits till an hour before muster and takes the bedding off the three recruits, Ivor, Dwalin and Farly. She raps her knuckles loudly on Farly's armor that he has learned to sleep in. A small grin at the armor passes over her face.

get yer lazy arses outta da bunks. Weh need ever un o da chamber pots und gardar robe scrubed. Meh beh told der meh beh un inspection coming. Nay can use magics tuh clean dem. Yuh have un hour till muster. If'n they nay beh clean by den you'll beh doing it every morn before muster till dey are.

Oh und Farly, yuh got tuh do it as yer dressed.

• Mord smiles a hard smile as the statement on Devlin reaches his ears. He catches Belin's eye as she leaves the morning Scouts meeting and waves her over. I need ye to work the lads hard Belin, tought times be rollin t us and we need strong lads. Have yer fun lass and I have a certain lad that will be takin care of the everyday trainin.

Mord has Devlin report to his office and leans back in the only chair.

Hard times are comin Guardsman and fer that we will need hard men. We have three new recruits in trainin and perhaps at least one more I hear may be wantin in.

Stares at Devlin a moment then smiles thinly I need good men, but I also need good officers ta lead them. I want reports on all three on my desk every three days. They be yer make er yer ruin.

Mord stands and throws him a quick salute, fist against chest.

• It is clarified that Devlin is not a Lieutenant, but he probably should be.

• Sine Dwalin was added to Militia as a recruit he's trying to help in anything he could. He asked Devlin which obilgations a recruit have before start trainment. Devlin told him that he should make some patrols and report everything strange.
    Dwalin is doing what Devlin asked him, and waiting for the militia trainment.

• Belin grin at Mord when she overhears the comments. After muster asking if he has a minute to talk to a scout.

Yuh nay mind meh messin wit da fellas aye? Meh was thinking o' havin dem clean da chamber pots und da gardar robe. Whut yuh think?

• Two new trainees show up at muster the following day. Alfonso Pura, a human, and Dwalin Dain, a dwarf are added to the group. Mord looks the trainees over then smiles thinly. He calls Lieutenant Cyrian forward.

Their kits look awfully light this day. sighs and shakes his head sadly Seems someones been scattering gravel all over the road and the Chancellor almost twisted his ankle the other day. I want the road cleared and all obstructions loaded into their packs and hauled to the north wall.

Nods sharply to Cyrian and he turns and heads south.

• Council of Moradin

Farly continues to go through the rigors of training stoicly. He does as he is told and works hard no matter the situation. He seems to never be out of his armor now days, even while at rest. The nights of being awakened by Be'lin have taught him to be ready for it.

• Grunts in reply, then shrugs, jogging along, his eyes scanning the forest around them.

• Nay need tuh talk tuh yuh tuh get tuh know yuh.

grunts looking surly

• grunts, jogging along at a steady pace, seeming to be used to this whole "running" thing… as that's probably the only way he survives, like any proper adventurer

"So…. wot ye wanna know, lass? Didn't think thar wos much tae know 'boot moi, cept that I loike tae taste 'boot anythin' walkin'."

• looks to Mord

Meh spend tuh much time in da barrack tuh beh just un scout meh reckon meh will get called fer KP at sum point aye. So meh thought tuh get tuh knowin da chef like.

grins watching the fellas trot off and strolling after them with a wave to Mord

• ((I take it Ivor also cooks for the scouts 🙂 ))

Mord can be seen outlined in the door as Farly and Ivor stumble off into the dark. He raises a steaming mug to Belin the tips his head and heads back into the barracks.

• There beh summa stone down there in da old elfie camp that beh need tuh beh up here. Now get yer shaggy arse movin tuh bring it up 'ere. Aye if'n Mord dinnay tell meh tuh get yuh lot in better shape den your sorry arses look.

grunts