A Class on Demons

• he looks even more abashed

• Take it easy, Vick. She says In order for you all to understand how to act in the battlefield, you first need to know your opponent. I'll give advices on all that later.

• Vick stands during a pause

You mention poisons and most elemental spells and weapons being useless or of diminished value when dealing damage to demons. What of holy items or missiles with holy properties cast upon them?

I do not want to get ahead of you here but you also mentioned many can poison you when they attack. What might be useful in dealing with these, other than staggering toward a cleric or healer who may already be overwhelmed?

I know this class is on the variety of the foes we are facing but when the final planning comes down there may be a number of us with odd items that may help in lesser ways. Once we garner the knowledge you are offering, those in charge may want to look outside of the front liners and see what odd gifts those of us with little to offer on the front might bring.

takes a deep breath, then releases it and shrugs and sits down, looking slightly abashed

• Laerune steps in after getting a bit lost and takes a seat with scroll case open and papers ready to be written on. She offers a small wave and appologetic smile. She'd lift her hand then after a while and ask " is there a way to ward them without… You know, ditect confrontation? Maybe bribing them with something so they leave? "

• María resumes her class

Well, seen that, and before we go one by one onto the most common demons, I'd like to stop and their general attributes of relevance that are common amongst them all.

The use of poison is futile against demon. They all have a natural immunity to them, regardless of their power.
    The same can be applied to the element of electricity. Because of their nature, all demons are not affected by this element, regardless of how powerful your spell is.
    For other elements, like cold, acid and fire, their natural resistance is lesser, their skins can only absorb a small amount this before suffering damage. But this does mean arrows of cold won't be useful against them, for example.
    Along with all these elemental defenses, they have spell resistance. The most powerful demons sometimes hard to get with spells even by me.

And lastly, many demons have draining or poisoning abilities. Poisons are not too deadly in this case, but will make the fight harder for sure.

She pauses for people to take note on these important demon traits

• Sapeh has wandered in as well, after getting slightly lost and already turning up late and a little flustered; her first time within Spellweaver Keep itself. She gives a respectful nod Maria's way as she sets down near the back, keeping quiet but for the sounds of her moving around. Once settled, her attention is rapt and her expression determined. Her tattoos, especially those of an angry succubus on one arm and a nalfeshnee on the other, are plain to see.

• visibly whithers under he glare

• María glances at them… and gives Vick a glare

• Actually I am in his will, so a coma would work also. grins

• Akseli enter the area, waiting to see if Maria needs him to speak at some point. He then remarks to Vick:

"I think you mean comma, friend. Coma is entirely different matter."

• Vick looks over Z's shoulder I think that should be a semi-colon and not a colon and you need a coma on that next sentence.

• The whole Dermin enters the room late just to sit in one of the farthest seats and take note with a hardened ink and a really old quill pen

• María waits for people to gather, waiting a few extra for those who always are late. A student offers everyone some water to drink and some pastries to make the class more bareable

((OOC: I'll write without her lisp to make it bareable for you to read. Trust me, it'd be a nightmare 😛

"Let's begin then.

Demons are tough bitches. That much we all know. There's different levels of demons, and it's important to know of this so that we can smartly engage… or retreat when needed.

So then, let's start with this, we'll put demons in 4 different groups: The easy group, the managable group, and the better-get-out-of-here group.

Before I enter into detail of which creatures belong to which group. I'll elaborate on the circumstances for each of these groups and how to behave in the scenario that you find a creature that belongs to one of them.

For the easy group, there's not much to say. These can fought without fear or taking any special meassures, as they will pose no real threat, they are just the "leftovers" and "expendables". They are meant to do naught but annoy and test the forces of the enemy.

The managable group has creatures that can be dealt with but that will require proper tactics to minize the damage on the group. Even if you are caught off guard, you can still succeed without much trouble, but do not get carried away, because they are in this group because they have or may have at least one ability that can be specially annoying.

The be careful group has creatures that will pose a threat to any seasoned adventurer, specially if unprepared. These creatures -can- kill you, and do not need great numbers to be dangerous.

The last group, as you can imagine, is the type of creature that you MUST run away on sight to plan a proper way of attacking it... if possible."

She pauses to let people assimilate all this

• Hannibal quietly takes a spot in the middle of the room.

• Faelar comes in and takes a seat next to Ting.

• Ting sits next to Shesarai and listens intently.

• Shesarai gained a lot of experience fighting demons during the siege of Peltarch, but wishes she could find some more Demon Bane arrows. In the meantime, she eagerly attends Maria's class.

AubreyMaturin

• Vick sits behind Z looking over his shoulder.

• *Z arrives early to get the best seat. His calloused hands clutching a quill pen, several pieces of parchment, and a full inkwell.

When the lesson begins, he listens carefully and takes notes.*

• A tall dark man in black and red robes discovers the letter and waggles his eyebrows at it, causing his numerous tattoos on his head to stretch and furrow

Demons eh? Let us see what knowledge this Keep of spellweaves holds on the abyssal!

The man named Xerex turns and heads towards Norwick!