Old Beginnings

• Entry Two

_Ginger Tealeaf yet lives!

My dear friend survived the recent calamities, apparently she and a friend whose name escapes me were trapped in her basement when the world changed. They survived this whole time with some water, and fenberry preserves. It took a long time but they finally dug out, only to find the silver valley abandoned and destroyed, and a lake where Jiyyd used to be. But she is alive, and that warms my heart. She asked about her sisters, Gears, and Talyna however, and I have yet to have seen any of them since the flood. But if Ginger made it, I can hold out hope a little longer.

Speaking of the Silver Valley, we refugees are apparently tired of being such, and work has begun in earnest to build a new waystation village nearer the Legion outpost on the long road. Part of the forest is being sacrificed for this effort, but it is for a worthy cause. We need a home, and Dram — the default leader — is certainly leading my people towards that. Last night Ginger and I stopped in to see the progress, I healed some of the men who were working to ease their muscles, and I will stop by later to sing to them, and even help out with my tiny noodle arms. Note to file, buy an axe. It seems to me that I picked a good time to finally begin to move forward in my life again, because everyone else is as well. Ginger said that us halflings should host a benefit to raise money for the new village, in the form of a play at the Bardic College. I think this to be a wonderful diea, and have volunteered to head up the effort, maybe I’ll even have part in the play. I’ll have to talk to Nathaniel — Zyphilin’s old apparentice who is now the leader of the College — and see what can be done.

Next up on the agenda, I need to go to the College and check in. It has been far to long._