Marty preaches St Jerrick

• Leena's twin, Elaine, holds Leena to speak to her

Don't botherr, sis… nobody's even gonna listen to herr. I've been talking to dad last night, and he said he doesn't wanna be forrgoten, but if therre's something he wants even less, is this crrazy woman prroclaiming herrself as a false prrophet of... him.

she then turns to anyone that is actually bothering to listen to the preaching

You hearr that? Jerrick is ourr fatherr, and he's a man like any otherr… what makes him special is a verry powerrful love forr his family, his frriends, and Naturre, and a verry strrong will to change the things that he thinks wrrong. He did make a sacrrifice, and yeah... he doesn't mind people rrememberring what he's done, but he doesn't want any of this dumb stuff. Rright now he's ashamed that this woman he trried to kick frrom the drruid cirrcle forr being an inept is degrrading his name by rrelating herrself to him. She's twisting the loving worrds of a daughterr towarrds herr fatherr as she spoke prroudly of him, and mocking that mutual feeling that both of them have forr each otherr.

If you think Jerrick was a herro... if you think he is a saviorr and you wanna show yourr grratitude, just show rrespect forr Naturre, and forr all the powerrs and beings that arre parrt of it. That's what my fatherr is, and if only one of you city people will become a little morre mindful of Naturre and the Wilds thanks to him, he'll alrready feel accomplished.

Now please... stop this nonsense, and go on about yourr lives... this show isn't worrth yourr time...

the redhead girl looks at Marty with disgust, much as one that has had her family name besmirched and insulted

//Charisma 28 at the time that she does this little "speech", for whatever it counts.

• Legion

Marty is easy to find. Most of her time is spent in the commons or wondering about the docks

You didn't ask to "be a preacher"? But you proclaimed his story before many witnesses publicly. That is -by definition- preaching. And you made it very clear that your desire is that his story be remembered. If his story is not proclaimed it is sure to be forgotten.

I can understand your hesitance to embrace your destiny as a witness to your Father. Some seek out greatness, while others have greatness thrust upon them. But while there is greatness in your blood it will be your deeds that determine whether or not your father is remembered or forgotten.

Your deeds so far are securing his legend, ensuring that his story is immortal just as he is immortal. To be honest I've no idea why you are upset. Was my penmanship not good enough? Please don't tell me I made a spelling mistake. I went to a lot of effort.

• Leena, being the busy sort like her aforementioned father, takes some time to come across this news, but can be found in stunned astonishment when she finds a copy of the Scripture of Jerrick in her hand, with her name plastered across the top.

"Hey, wait just a red-blooded minute! " She reads the whole thing, and looks around, as if suddenly hunting something. "I didn't ask to be a preacher of my own Dad's story! What in the nine hells is THIS?"

She shoves a copy of the parchment into her pack, and growls something low under her breath, before seeking out this Marty, to get an explanation.

• On her occasional visit to the city, Lorelai listens to the speech from the edge of the crown. She immediately facepalms while muttering to herself.

• a voice in the middle of the crowd yells "Jerrick for Magistrate!"

• Legion

"Mad"? "Lunatics"?

There is no madness in me. Let me tell you what is mad however - to never acknowledge love or to never value sacrifice. THAT is mad. Beyond mad. It borders on evil.

There is a saying. "A prophet is not without honor except in his own home". You may well think little of him because you are his flesh and blood, and I may to be called "mad" for honoring him beyond what you consider to be right. But yet … you just offered a prayer to him? You know him to be beyond mortal.

This is a knowledge that I hope all of us will embrace!

My brothers and sisters, I am not a religious lunatic. I am not worshiping Jerrick as a god. But if he is the one holding all of the gods of nature in balance, and ensuring that their actions work in our favor, how is he not significant? Kelemvore, and many other gods besides, were once mortal as we are. Who is to say Jerrick has not now trod the path toward divinity?

Whether or not Jerrick is a god is not for us to decide. But one thing that cannot be disputed - it would be wrong for his deeds to be forgotten. It would be insane for us not to praise him. It would be ignorant of us not to see his example as one that should be emulated in our own lives!

And again - he is now obviously beyond the state that could be considered merely mortal. I know there are those amongst us who can testify.

• ::A young, fur-clad redhead half elf girl watches incredulous::

Guess I get now why Jonni said she's known as Mad Marrty…

::she then looks up north, towards the mountains::

Hey dad? We know this isn't what you'rre afterr and you dun wanna be a religion forr lunatics. Just… come visit when you can... we miss you.

• Legion

Marty has dragged some large stones into the commons, and laid some wild flowers about them as an offering. Beside the stones she has set up a barrel, and uses a bar stool borrowed form the Mermaid Inn to climb up onto the barrel to give her speech

Listen good citizens of the Jewel!
    Hearken unto me – and I will share with you wonderful words! Words of our Saviour!

Verily I say unto ye that the fair weather that we now enjoy – the peace of a calm sea, the balance in nature that now keeps this city safe and fed- is all thanks to one man. A man whose LOVE and PASSION for all of us lead him to make a great sacrifice! And it is by this sacrifice that we are now saved!

JERRICK! Yes many of you know his name. A few of you even know his heart! Even his sacrificial spirit!

I experienced the wonder of this man’s nature for myself while fighting against the N’Jast! Yea when the traitor Tankred attempted to sacrifice me unto his undead master I fled! And when the death knight was almost upon me Jerrick stood between myself and the creature! Yea though he did smite the undead fiend with many blows Jerrick fell, giving his life to save mine! But the Gods did have a plan for their Anointed One! They did breathe life into him again! Again and again he gave his life for the salvation of Narfell! For the Salvation of Peltarch!

And when the unbalanced forces of nature threatened to destroy this city, he and a group of brave adventurers went unto the mountain, and verily there the Gods of Nature did give unto him a choice. And Yea he did choose to leave behind his life and give it in service unto the balance of nature. Yea he became ONE with the mountain! And even now his spirit abides there; governing the balance, ensuring the glacier freezes slowly, and that the coming winter approaches in due course and not before it’s time to destroy us.

Yea his spirit has spoken to us. Even in these very commons, within the walls of this great city he has spoken! He has revealed himself unto us! And his spirit hears us!

I ask you, dearest brothers and sisters of the Jewel – is it right that his spirit abide within the mountain in loneliness and in solitude? If his spirit hears us, should it not hear our words of gratitude? Is it not fitting for us to honour such a man as this! Verily I would go as far as to say that it is WRONG for us NOT to praise such a saviour! For the ungrateful are unworthy that such a sacrifice should be made for them unto their salvation! Should his spirit, which abides with us, bear witness to our apathy? Should his heart be chilled by the icy lack of love and thanksgiving that we now display? Nay! Verily I say again - NAY!
    No matter what gods ye worship, I implore ye to say a word of thanks toward the spirit of our saint Jerrick, the Guardian of the Mountain, Saviour of Peltarch, the Son of the Gods of Nature, the one who defends the balance so that we may be fed and may prosper. Who makes the fish and the land fertile. And brings about seed time and harvest in their proper season.

It is only fitting that we thank and honour him!

Beloved, I KNOW that some of you have HEARD the voice of his spirit! If you have heard his voice or seen his activity in these commons I BESEECH ye now to TESTIFY! Yea I BEG of thee! TESTIFY that the Jewel may know that his spirit is with us!