Being evil in Narfell

• @36d774e391=Mischa:

True, though I wouldn't go so far as to say deception is the only way to play evil effectively.

'xactly, Deacon is rather open about it, not shunning to beat someone up in public over nothing, still he never gets any obstruction from no law force in no town whatsoever..

It all comes down to the friends you have.. 😉

• True, though I wouldn't go so far as to say deception is the only way to play evil effectively.

• Chaevre's long term goal has never been to kill good people, more so to control their way of living. And in order to do that you need political power, allies, authority, knowledge, money etc.

She started as a beggar, then became a small time merchant, then became a great merchant, now she has informants on the insides of many organisations, soon she will be getting even more power.

People know she is evil but for whatever reason they choose not to reveal her, probably because of Chaevre's reputation no one will believe her.

Like when Maythor and a half dozen militia surrounded her and stated she is under arrest for Helping Kuuzu. Seconds later I had the Legion at my side defending me and convinced the militia I was innocent.

Its that kind of connections and misconceptions that will get you ahead as evil.

• I have no idea who you are sciolist, but well said.

Well-played evil is something that you, as the player of it, will learn to love and hate. One day you'll be at the top of your game, and the next you'll end up bleeding to death in the Nars with nobody to help you. Well, I hear there was a treaty with the bandits so they're neutral now, but you get the picture. Evil does not strictly restrain itself to spitting on PC corpses and killing off the good-aligned characters. This has always been a bit of a misconception influencing negative stereotypes about evil characters: that they exist to take things away from good PCs and overall make the game less enjoyable for the rest of the server. Taken in isolation, every character should exist to create an enjoyable atmosphere on the server while being true to his/her roots.

I am not saying an evil character shouldn't kill a paladin who decides their detect evil tool is judge and jury, but very rare is the evil character whose long term goal is to kill good characters. Think about what the character wants out of life, and how to pursue it without scruple. Power, wealth, fame, survival, and revenge are all goals common to neutral and good characters, but the singleminded pursuit of any of the above creates morally questionable attitudes. If somebody insists on getting in your way, perhaps they're expendable. On the other hand, you could also try to evade them, bribe them, threaten, or even get to them on a personal level.

• In my perception, the biggest problem is that it's more acceptable for a good character to kill an Evil one than the other way around. Opportunist predatory evil is mandated against by the PK rules to some extent, whereas I have got the impression that a good character killing someone 'just because they're evil' is an occupational hazard of having an Evil alignment, or an Evil deity.

Not that it stops me, and I've never been killed yet under those circumstances, but I suspect it makes people think twice about playing someone Evil, rather than another dark shade of neutral.

Looking forward to Zan's church of Bane though. Might have to start a Banite, or convert an existing chr.

• :pokeball:

• i remember something like that the gnome mafia in pelt that was great stuff to bad it died. but would be fun

• A big maffia family would be cool, especially with 2 of them and gangwars and lots of gold.

• Kerrith has a huge ego and seems to manage 🙂

• its awfully hard evil vrs evil is going plus you have to watch out for the goody goodies. The only way i think it would work if the chars didint all have huge egos or their family heh.

• @8c46dd063d=nealparr:

When you are high enough, take a few of those good guys who helped you out on, and come out of the closet per se.

Been tried before..

Failed..

:roll: :twisted:

• I don't think there are rules against lying. And I don't think you have to go around waiving a banner saying "I am evil, please kill me". I am thinking of rolling up an evil character just to round out my list of characters and that's how I'd play him or her. She'd act just like any of my other characters and do the evil behind the scenes. Instead of seeing the high level palladin as a great benefactor you see him as a patsy doing your will unwittingly. When you are high enough, take a few of those good guys who helped you out on, and come out of the closet per se. Closet evil… ha ha, I just got my own joke.

• @3221d22ea2=garric:

stop acting like your the king do you know who i am? some people call me the candy man….or they call me mr. tiny...so back off 😛 lol
    @3221d22ea2=metagod:

Chaevre' is more evil then all of you put together!

You should begin a circus with the two of you Mr. Tiny the Candyman featuring Mister FUGar, a combined odd species. :stupid:

• Chaevre' is more evil then all of you put together!

• stop acting like your the king do you know who i am? some people call me the candy man….or they call me mr. tiny...so back off 😛 lol

• @14dc870412=FUArch:

I manage

@14dc870412=garric:

Not while im still alive buddy. muahahhaha

Oh please.. :roll:

• Not while im still alive buddy. muahahhaha

• @94da3bd400=blackstep:

I tried making evil characters is Narfell for 2 reasons, no one likes you, at least nearly no one, so you don't get much help from PCs.
    Other reason is that being evil is hard enough already not breaking rules and not putting yourself in danger.

Like how to survive as evil and how to gain power as evil in Narfell.

I manage.

• Low profile, keep low profile! You can always "Play good" and make interresting stories on the forum about your action…Evil chars are fun

• @073fcd6666=blackstep:

Like how to survive as evil and how to gain power as evil in Narfell.

Find other players who want to do the same thing and play together? There's a small Malar contingent already, see if your playing times coincide.

Otherwise, I'll refer you to what you wrote:

@073fcd6666:

no one likes you, at least nearly no one, so you don't get much help from PCs.