A note on my Tales by the fire enties for Lauriella

• At this point in Lauriella's history it ceases to be an intro/history story and more of a current event log. She is writing in a journal of her experiences, the people around her that influence her, and the experiences she has when she must journey outside of Narfell being her past and experiences before.( I work away from home and cannot play for a week or two at a time)
    Her knowledge and experiences are told solely from her point of view (right or wrong) and include many pcs and npcs.
    I play Lauriella as a driven mage interested in exorcism and using the dark arts against the forces of evil (fighting fire with fire) and also play her as a neutral good with lawful tendencies type of pc. The lawfulness coming from being raised in Evermeet and reinforced by the Mulhorand magic that Archmage Fawn teaches her along with some hard lessons on not letting on what all she knows. She has even hid things from her current mentor Raryldor involving the incident at the gate and the repercussions between Verika and the dwarves.
    So what I'm saying is that now that I'm posting her thoughts in her journal please do not meta-game or use this info in game that you don't know about unless somehow you manage to steal her private journals.

• Narfell DM

Unholy and Meta are correct on the rule of thumb.

Though I can imagine why the forum title "Tales by the Fire" might suggest that the story is being shared with others IC.

• @metagod sure thing. I just wanted to make sure. I visit so many servers and have had both good and bad experiences with this over the last 20 years or so. Even booted a few players for it on worlds where I have dmed for doing it consistently. In in fact I myself have accidently done it a time or two. I think we all have. Just wanted to be sure what the standard is here. I'm happy the dms are watching out for it. and players are all good so far.

• Narfell DM

Tales by the fire posts are meant to be private internal monologue of the pc writing them and not general knowledge.

Read a few of my TBTF posts from Chaevre' Vaelen and you will see why it's not meant to be IC information 😛

• Narfell DM

If I'm not mistaken this is just a general rule of thumb for all tales by the fire content, unless the content makes it clear it's something others would hear about, like the recent bard songs.