Plot Finale: The Cinderwood Bastard

• Raid Target: Far Scout "Smoke"

Tentative Time - Subject to change:

Saturday June 8 or 9, 2019 at 11:00 AM EST

Background:

The Far Scout with the alias "Smoke" has corrupted portions of Peltarch's military, murdered political opponents, and orchestrated the annihilation of the Silver Host. Smoke framed Arch Weyland for the fire elementals that attacked Peltarch's hinterlands, who was later executed for treason. Smoke also left his allies and useful dupes and tools whom be tricked into treason for dead, including Far Scout Treys and Captain Gom.

The Crown has appointed Reyhenna Jorino, Vick Blake, and Erurk Hurgenpox to lead an investigation, and this trio has conscripted others, including Isolde Garibaldi, Autumn, Inquisitor Morgan Azzen, Garen, as well as several other prominent figures. The investigation team has now ascertained that Smoke is hiding in the Para-Elemental Plane of his own namesake, between air and fire: his birthplace, in a region of that plane called "Cinderwood." Peltarch's investigators intend to raid Cinderwood and kill Smoke. Belinne Toews, a now prominent Peltarch Autonomist and alleged leader of that group, intends to join the Crown Investigators in their raid.

The Crown Investigation Team and the Peltarch Autonomists are currently planning their attack.

More background information about Smoke, the Autonomists, and Berlinne Toews can be found by clicking here and scrolling down. Participants are invited to click through, read the background, and listen to the thematic music.

Participants, please post your availability below, both for the finale date and for any in game meeting plans you intend to make between now and then. You may also use a different forum thread for planning.

All participants have been warned IC and OOC any intending to join the raid that it will be extremely dangerous, with a high probability of casualties. Participate at your own risk and peril. Raiders are advised to stock up on healing potions as well as diamonds.

[DM Xanatos Gambit]

• ETA is in 30 minutes.

For those of you still paying attention, and not yet logged in: Cinderwood theme.

• We're on for 11:00 tomorrow morning, eastern time.

Reposting this: All participants have been warned IC and OOC any intending to join the raid that it will be extremely dangerous, with a high probability of casualties. Participate at your own risk and peril. Raiders are advised to stock up on healing potions as well as diamonds.

Smoke's character profile, including thematic and combat music, is available here. Scroll down a bit for the Autonomist and Berlinne Toews' profiles.

[DM Xanatos Gambit]

• The Halfling Defence League

Works for me

• Sat and sun are both fine with me

• I can do sunday

• Sunday is fine with me, as is the proposed time.

• I cannot make Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon is OK, as is Saturday. But Shesarai has not been involved yet in the Smoke business, except for the most recent Far Scout plot, so feel free to go without me.

AubreyMatruin

• Sunday I can do anytime. Saturday I’m helping a friend move and don’t know if or when I’m available.

• Vick cannot do Sunday until at least 3 hours later. Saturday would be fine.

Okay, I will cancel my Sunday plans if that is the best slot to get the most people in.

• OK. I've spoken to people and hopefully this is the last move. If certain people can't make it, again, I need to know what happens at the end of this plot to move others forward.

Does Sunday the 8th, 11:00 AM morning, eastern time, work for everyone?

I can also pull it back to Saturday, same time, but for now let's say it's Sunday.

• Currently it's Wednesday.

• Are we on today, or Wednesday? I can make either, though I would prefer today. I have a singing gig Wednesday, but it doesn't start until 6PM EDT, so if we begin at 1 PM, I should be OK.

AubreyMaturin

• I work during the week so weekends are my only free time.

• I think Vick could make it on Wednesday.

• Unfortunately no. My vacation was from August 15th - Sept 2nd. After that, I'm not available during work hours, which is 8am - 5pm M-F US Eastern, although my schedule is flexible and sometimes I can start early and end at 4pm. However, that's never a guarantee. Saturday, September 7th I'm helping a friend move. My best shot was actually today, Friday, August 30th as originally scheduled. I can do this Saturday or Sunday. After that, Narfell time will be less.

• The Halfling Defence League

Well considering that my work schedule is now a lot clearer, I can make it

• @wywernywin You did.

It's just a few days' delay. Let's see if people can make it.

• That would be alright with me, but really if I'm the only one missing it just go ahead with Saturday. Erurk can just be busy controlling the helmets or something. I did warn you week beforehand that I wouldn't be able to make it after Friday 😉

• @wywernywin

Is Wednesday, 1 PM, eastern time, acceptable to people?