Rebuilding the Order of the Divine Shield

• Hi all!

One thing that has been raised by a few people of late, is that the server "feels" to them like the neutrals and evils are ascendant, and the goods are in freefall. I don't necessarily disagree with this, and one of the main forces for good in Narfell, for many years, was the Order of the Divine Shield.

As such, I will be attempting to rebuild the ODS, with the permission of Andelas, the Head DM.

Anyone who is interested in making a new character who would be a good fit for the ODS is welcome to post below, to send me a message via Discord or in game, or to seek out my PC, William Kyrie, as he is the current Chaplain for the Divine Shield.

For those who do not know, or cannot remember much about the Order of the Divine Shield, this is their brief:-

The Divine Shield is a Military Order serving the Allied Churches of Tyr, Torm, Ilmater, Kelemvor, Mystra , Helm, Lathander and the Red Knight. It stands against the forces of evil and chaos in whatever forms they take. Knights of the Order strive to uphold the principles of justice and righteousness, acting as defenders of the faith and protectors of the innocent.

The Order stands willing to cooperate with any individuals or groups who share its basic goals and tenets. Candidates for knighthood (First Knights) must be paladins or clerics of one of the eight Allied Gods or receive patronage from them.

Lay faithful are equally welcomed to serve as soldiers and support (referred to as Second Knights). On occasion, the Order may also recruit individuals whose skills complement those of its knights, provided they demonstrate a good disposition and a willingness to cooperate. These may include scouts, healers or mages who have won the friendship and trust of the guild.

Paladins, goodly clerics, and Holy Champions of racially specific gods may be admitted as Second Knights, on a case by case basis.

• Linus Loreweaver paladin of the Red Knight, descendant of Cyrian Loreweaver, is interested.