Yet another Doomguide

• Login: Rathon (I think)
    Name: Malum Vox
    Race: Human Age: 20
    Class: Cleric
    Deity: Kelemvor

Malum is an average build human. He stands at 6’ tall. He has black hair that is kept fairly long and covers his face. His eyes are blue. His face doesn’t have any scars. He keeps stubble on his face. His right arm has a tattoo of a skeleton hand holding two scales. His left forearm has an image of a bastard sword.
    Malum grew up inside the church of Kelemvor. His mother was a doom guide. He never knew his father. His mother would never mention the father. She would always change the subject when his father would come up.

Malum looked up to the stunned glass image of the scales. As the sun was setting all the doom guides went to pray he came to the main part of the temple to do his own prayers. Although he had not been given any of the powers he always prayed the required two times a day. Perhaps his mother’s station allowed him more freedom or perhaps because he showed such an interest no one stopped him or bothered him during these times. Today he was praying for Kelemovr’s hand to touch him and guide him. He wanted to help more. He wanted to understand his purpose.
    This evening as Malum was silently praying the scales seemed to glow brightly for moment. The entire area lit up like the sun before returning to normal. Malum was bewildered and confused. He finished his prayers and went to find his mother. When he found her she was finishing her prayers. He couldn’t help but notice her age at this time. She always looked so full of energy. Nothing ever seemed to phase her. He admired all her work and sacrifice she made for him more than ever before. He smiled at her when she made eye contact.
    When she got to him he gave her a hug and explained how he saw the bright flash of light during his prayers. She taught for a moment and motioned for him to come with her. “Tonight you are going to help me.” He was scared for a moment because he had never helped with the nightly rounds in the temple. “All these people are in need of something from us” She explained. “Some need healing as it is not their time. Others need us to guide them to judgement. Regardless none should be alone.” She stopped at a door and knocked gently. She motioned Malum to follow her inside.
    Inside the room Malum saw a man that had deep claw marks across his face and chest. His mother went to the man and laid her hands on his chest spoke quietly and softly. The man nodded slightly back to her. She motioned for Malum to come closer. “He has agreed to allow you to help him tonight. His name is Taton Mars. He is a farmer from the outskirts that was attacked by a beast. His family brought him in to us this evening.” She turned and headed towards the door. She bent down to Malum and whispered to him“Malum, his name is not in the book. I leave him to you.” She went out the door and closed it slightly.
    Malum looked around the room and saw a basin of water and some rages next to it. Looking towards the man he saw that the cut were deep. He had bubbles coming out of his chest through wet blood. Malum took a deep breath and went over and picked up the basin and rags bringing them closer to the man. He kneeled down besides the bed. “I am Malum and I will tend to your wounds.” The man nodded and then coughed slightly. There was some blood in his mouth that splattered out. Malum took a rag and dipped it in the water and wiped the blood from the mans mouth. At first Malum felt a strange sensation come over him. He felt dizzy as he touch the man. He started to wipes the cuts on the mans face and then the cuts on his chest. Malum was feeling weak but continued to clean the wounds. After the wounds were cleaned Malum took some bandages and placed them on the wounds. He had to stop and ask for help through silent prayer because he was feeling so weak. He could feel energy draining out from him but could not explain it. Even in all his martial field training he had never felt so winded.
    He placed a bare hand on the mans chest and a vision flooded his mind. He could see the man growing old. His hair turned white and grew long. His face had three scars on it. He could see fields with the man overlooking them. He was leaning against a walking stick and there was little children playing in the field. All of a sudden a beast came charging towards the children. The man grabbed the walking stick and charged at the beast. He was yelling for the children to go back to their home. A look of determination filled the mans eyes. He attacked the beast allowing the children to flee to safety. The beast bite at the walking stick shattering it into two pieces. The man held broken pieces in each hand. The beast jumped towards the man and caught the man in the throat. The man slammed the broken walking sticks into the sides of the beast. Blood came pouring out of all the wounds. The man smiled as his last breath left him. The beast looked down at the man and fell to its side breathing no more.
    Two younger men came running to field bring bows and swords with them. They found the man and the beast laying together. They picked up the man and carried him home. As they got closer they sent one of the children to get a priest. They laid him gently on the bed and stayed with him until the priest would arrive.
    Malum opened his eyes and had to squint from the daylight starting to enter the room. He found that he felt completely weak and drained. He was starving.and his stomach gurgled at the toughest of food. Malum started to change the bandages on the man when he stopped and looked over the man and saw that his wounds were healed and only had scars in place of the lacerations. He could even hear the mans stomach growling. Malum got up and headed for the door and opened it to find a plate of food waiting outside. He grabbed the plate and turned back into the room and the man was sitting up in his bed. The Man smiled checked his wounds with his hands.
    “Thank you for your help young man. I have children about your age also. They will both be happy I can return to work.” Malum offered the plate to the man as Malum’s own stomach growled. “Here there is plenty on this plate let us eat together.” Just as Malum was sitting besides the man his mother walked in. She looked towards Malum then the man. Her eyes gleamed with an approval after seeing the man wounds. She walked over to him and lightly touched the scars.
    “Come Malum we have work to do.” She nodded her head towards the door “I hope my son treated you well. If you would like to stay and eat or head home the option is yours”
    The man nodded at her and stood up. “ Your son was wonderful. He did very good work. I thank you both” He grabbed his walking stick and headed out the door.
    “We are but servants of Kelemvor.” She replied as she ushered Malum out the door. “Come with me, Malum” She spoke without looking at him. “We start your advanced training today. Lots of study and understanding.” He looked back towards the room with the man and only saw a figure leaving the other direction. As time went on Malum forgot about the man and his dream.
    Malum was bombarded over the next few years with new duties. He learned how to call upon Kelemvor’s power and use it to help heal those. He Learned how to control the power and not be so weak when using it. He started to understand the process and duties of the doomguides. She attended the prayers every morning and every night he would ask for Kelemvor to grant him the strength to continue. The years wore on and help was accepted as one of the Doomguide recruits. He was considered one of the priest now. He looked to his mother and saw the satisfaction in her eyes that he had accomplished so much.
    One afternoon Malum was out training his sword techniques when a small child of about 5 came running to the temple. “My grandpa needs help.” Malum looked at the child and felt a surge of remembrance on the child but could not place it directly. He handed his sword over to the master of arms and threw on his robes. “This way” The child said panting and pointing to the east. As he followed the child he cam upon a small farm area. He could see them frantically urging him towards them.
    As Malum went into the small building he saw the man with two females by his side. He had three scars across his face. The man’s memories came flooding back into Malum. He remembered his dream when he first heal someone. Malum briefly stumbled. As he knelt down besides the man he placed a hand on his chest and felt the scars there on his chest. Malum said a prayer to Kelemvor to accept this spirit as worthy and judge him as faithful and obedient. “Good Bye to a life well served.” He stayed and helped the family prepare the pire for the funeral rights. He offered his assistance to all of them. As The fire started to burn the body he prayed again to Kelemvor to accept this man. Malum headed back to the temple and looked into the Book of the dead and saw the name of Taton Mars written on the page.
    As Malum approached the temple barrack he looked up to see his mother standing at the door. He started to speak to her when she interrupted him. “I have something for you. Something you have wanted and something to help you on your journey.” He started to open his mouth to reply but she interrupted “I have something else for you first.” She lead him towards her room. Once they were inside she pulled out a chest. Malum had never seen this chest before. She opened the chest up and there was two bags in it. “These bags are magical” She was saying. ‘They help reduce the weight of things you put in them. They hold more than they look.” Malum nodded as she pulled out bastard sword” This sword is called Kelemvor’s Teeth and was made in Narfell by one of the master crafters at the time. It is yours now.” She pulled out a shield that had the skeleton hand holding the scales on it.” This I had made here for you so you can stay protected. There is a suit of armor for you take on your journey with the blacksmith we have here.” She looked to him and sighed. I left Narfell before I knew you were gonna be born. I lived and stayed at the temple of Kelemvor there. Look for a Doomguide called Thander, if he is still there.” She reached up and pulled off her necklace. “This necklace will help protect you from some injuries.” As Malum took the necklace he noticed her tears falling. “I know you will make me proud there.”