Journal Wipe

• I keep TONS of notes in my journal (going back several years) and it's all gone. Fortunately, I have a backup from a few months ago, but all of my recent notes are gone... sigh

Has anyone else experienced a crash where your entire journal was wiped clean?

Regardless, if you use the journal, you might want to back it up...just in case. It's a text file with your character's name located in the localvault folder.

Z

• Narfell PG

I personally journal in a text file on my opposite screen that is named for each character. It sucks you lost data/notes, but multiple copies from now on can help you not lose it again 🙂

• Yeah, my local copy was wiped.

i think that it's a file size issue - Z's an old character and I have lots of notes. That said, it wasn't an issue until the last update.

Anyway, I submitted a Beamdog bug report and we'll see what happens. If it's a "feature" I may have to trim it back and put it all on paper.

I know it was a Beamdog thing (that's why I didn't post this in the bugs section). I was just curious if it had happened to anyone else and I wanted to warn folks about it. If I didn't have a backup, I would have lost many RL years of notes.

Thanks!

Z

• Narfell DM

Indeed. The NWN journal in-game is local to each player (a text file in "C:\Users<USER>\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\localvault" generally).

• Narfell Developer

I recommend linking that folder to whatever cloud or backup services you use.