CRASHING

• I wasn't sure where to put this, since it isn't roleplay material. I just wanted to say I crash a lot. I figured I would try a few things to no avail. Then today, I get a brilliant idea, to verify the integrity of nwn downloaded files... oh look 44 missing files. That being said... if you keep crashing and are using steam...Right click nwn game in your steam library, select properties, and a pop up window will appear. Select local files, and then select verify of game integrity files. I guess I will test it for sure tonight. Hope this helps any other crashers out there.

• So Apparently some anti-virus prevent file writing, I turned off all the shields, file shield web shield and so on. I use avast. so lets see if thats the cause.

• @dragon-sai said in CRASHING:

Well that failed so I set it to 8 since i have 8 cores and 16 threads... try this out.

What that will do is set it to run on core 8, instead of core 1. NWN is single threaded.

• Well that failed so I set it to 8 since i have 8 cores and 16 threads... try this out.

• hmn figured I would try something. Since iI have 8 cores 16 threads... this might be the confusion. So what i did was in nwnplayer.ini under [GameOptions] I put this in Client CPU Affinity=1
    Well testing currently.

• Did the whole shiney water thing first... it isn't the cause in my case.

• Turn off shiny water?..... helped me

• Narfell DM

It's gotten better. Initially people would crash on the hour. Now it's every 4 or so, yeah. The patches are slowly fixing it.

• Ok and crash again... only after 3+hours. Getting better.

• Alright I shut off Steam overlay, though still operating in full screen...

• I disabled the steam overlay and run in windowed mode. The nice thing about windowed mode is that if you have two screens, you can have Discord up and bop between them.

With those two set, I only crash about once every 3-4 hours.

• Well I still get the crash. but it is less often, i think. Back to the drawing board.