OMG NWN Upgrade!!!

• Narfell DM

@moon said in OMG NWN Upgrade!!!:

So completely lost... at hmm.. new upgrade?

1. Whats required?
    2. When I installed what ever 's needed to be... will Moons red serpent account be valid or is there a vault request needed as well
    3. Thanks whom ever find their time to respond to these questions
    4. I am completely lost right now on what, where, when and how

send PM... uhmmm

1: You can buy NWN:EE from steam
    2: You may need a vault request if you did not log in to the old server about a month before we changed.
    3: you're welcome
    4: join us on discord and we can answer all your questions and get you back in the game asap

• So completely lost... at hmm.. new upgrade?

1. Whats required?
    2. When I installed what ever 's needed to be... will Moons red serpent account be valid or is there a vault request needed as well
    3. Thanks whom ever find their time to respond to these questions
    4. I am completely lost right now on what, where, when and how

send PM... uhmmm

• Hellsakes….

where do I sign up to harass and haze newbies?

It's what I'm good at, after all..

• @2b20c33f49=Kayleb:

Does anyone know if the toolset works on a Mac?

It does not. That may change in the future. Also I understand the developers have as a stopgap been actively trying to make it play nice with wine/wineskin.

• Does anyone know if the toolset works on a Mac?

• @fbef12a812=Araighn:

Is there a new Toolset in NWN EE? Or do you still have to work from the Toolset in the original NWN and transfer all mods & erfs to your NWN EE folders?

Yes, there's a new toolset. I'd give you the path, but it would be different for you.

It's in the main folder (same one as nwmain.exe). It's NOT in the documents folder.

• Is there a new Toolset in NWN EE? Or do you still have to work from the Toolset in the original NWN and transfer all mods & erfs to your NWN EE folders?

• Everything got sorted out just fine. It seems my PCs transferred over just fine. Thanks Dora!

• @283868a534=Darkspyr:

Anyone had any issues purchasing this from Beamdog? It was straightforward but took about 4 hours before I got the verification email and once I hit that it took me back to the site and said in moments I would have an email on how to download it. I am in the 16th hour of that moment now. I am in the 12th hour of the time I contacted customer service. My credit card shows they took my payment.

Anyone else having issues?

Just to follow up, I have another character with a bag full of gems, well used to be full. Again, I am not sure if it is the items with the same name that would not stack or what, but the bag was missing about 1/4 of its contents.

• You just have to coppy your old nwncdkey.ini into the root folder of your NWN EE. (same folder where the cdkey.ini is).
    If you do that, that should be enough.
    If not, we can ask Dorakhan nicely and he will transfer them

• What I've found is that I have a file called: cdkey.ini

It has one key in it.

Should I leave that file alone and just dump in one of my old nwncdkey.ini files? Or, should I alter that new file in some manner?

• @3ac76fada1=Aota:

It seems like Linux users will have to do something different to migrate their PCs? Any word on Steam driven versions through Linux?

…or maybe I'm missing something...

Can't you order it directly from Beamdog?

• It seems like Linux users will have to do something different to migrate their PCs? Any word on Steam driven versions through Linux?

…or maybe I'm missing something...

• Welcome back, Ace-of-Spades!

• @9bdac48994=Ace-of-Spades:

First of all, hello old friends! 😄

So I recently took an interest in table-top D&D, however I've been really struggling with finding a group to play with in my area. So I've had this unscratchable itch to play some D&D. Then I thought, "hey maybe some roleplaying on ol' Narfell will quench this D&D thirst."

So…here I am!

Just so I have this correct, I need to repurchase NWN via this new Enhanced Edition if I want to be able to log in and play on Narfell?

Ohhhh dude hi!!! Nice to see you here! Yes you'll have to buy nwn ee in order to play Narf 😃

Looking forward to seeing you IG!

• First of all, hello old friends! 😄

So I recently took an interest in table-top D&D, however I've been really struggling with finding a group to play with in my area. So I've had this unscratchable itch to play some D&D. Then I thought, "hey maybe some roleplaying on ol' Narfell will quench this D&D thirst."

So…here I am!

Just so I have this correct, I need to repurchase NWN via this new Enhanced Edition if I want to be able to log in and play on Narfell?

• Okay, I had to download the Beamdog Client and was able to get the download and install. Now I just need help in figuring out how to get my characters. I will leave that in the other thread for now.

• I had a similar situation, but it finally resolved itself. I think if you go back to them and log back in with their password you will probably get done with the process, it seemed a little disjointed, but I finally got the email, and from there, the download. I think my problem arose, because I purchased NWN:EE, before I downloaded Steam. I think the correct process was to download Steam first, then make the purchase. I feel your pain, my characters do not want to show up, and I am working with Dorakan about that problem, which seemed fixed last night, but are not there this morning

Gatlord

• Anyone had any issues purchasing this from Beamdog? It was straightforward but took about 4 hours before I got the verification email and once I hit that it took me back to the site and said in moments I would have an email on how to download it. I am in the 16th hour of that moment now. I am in the 12th hour of the time I contacted customer service. My credit card shows they took my payment.

Anyone else having issues?