Ask the DMs

• Thought it'd be good if we had a topic where Players could ask the DM team questions about stuff. So I made a topic where players could ask the DM team questions about stuff.

My maiden question: The Blackguard PrC was opened up a while ago. According to the POST where this was announced, it was stated that a BG needs to take at least 4 lvls in that class before taking a lvl in another class, much like paladins or monks.

Later, Weaponmasters' Assassins, Dwarven Defenders, and Pale Masters were opened up. Do these classes also need to take 4 lvls before taking lvls in another class?

• @scout-hen

If it’s not in a 3rd edition book and hasn’t explicitly happened in Narfell, then it hasn’t happened.

• So I have asked a few different DM's and there seems to be a 50/50 divide on how they believe the timeline to be on Narfell and I would like to have a consensus/clearance of the topic.

My original interest is from asking is Hoar was an Exarch of Bane in Narfell, since in Narfell Cannon the Spellplague has not happened. We are also a third edition server and the Exarch system is simply... not in place. So this brought me to a broader question for the DM's.

What IS the staff's official stance unanimously, on the Spell plague, Exarchs, and other things that should have happened by this point in Narfells own Cannon story?
    @metagod @rei_jin @Wywernywin @Any other DM I can not tag.

• @lorenzom

Hi Lorenzom,

Any player can create a character without DM help. If you're looking for some help with making decisions around roleplay elements or mechanical elements of your new character, I suggest hopping into our Discord Channel, and talking with the community there as our Player Guides and players are wonderful people who would be only too happy to help

• Im a new player
    Where I will find a DM to help me with character creation?

• 0.5lbs bar is one ingot, yes.

• @metagod said in Ask the DMs:

@105c324f59=IFC:

_The exchange rate for metal bars to ingots will be as follows. Until/Unless we see a need to change it this will be how it is:

One ingot per pound of metal rounded up.

Example: 5.5 pound bar of iron would get you 6 ingots of iron.

Please find a DM to do the exchange._

http://www.narfell.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=48666

Even tough I have a strong feeling about the answer, it doesn't hurt to ask:

Question: If a metal description says it is lighter than any other, do you get more ingots for it in the convertion?

Nope. Metal bars to ingots is a matter of volume, not mass.
    5.5 lb bar of iron is probably smaller than
    5.5 lb bar of mithril
    but both will still yield 6 ingots.

"Rounded up" - So, a .5 bar would be 1 ingot, correct?

• Narfell DM

@c156f9c668=IFC:

Quick one, about enchanting.

If you multiclass two caster classes, will the caster level be the sum of both?

For instance, would a Mage 5 / Cleric 4 be able enchant a 9 point item?

Yes

• Quick one, about enchanting.

If you multiclass two caster classes, will the caster level be the sum of both?

For instance, would a Mage 5 / Cleric 4 be able enchant a 9 point item?

• Thank you!

• Narfell DM

@105c324f59=IFC:

_The exchange rate for metal bars to ingots will be as follows. Until/Unless we see a need to change it this will be how it is:

Question: If a metal description says it is lighter than any other, do you get more ingots for it in the convertion?

Nope. Metal bars to ingots is a matter of volume, not mass.
    5.5 lb bar of iron is probably smaller than
    5.5 lb bar of mithril
    but both will still yield 6 ingots.

• _The exchange rate for metal bars to ingots will be as follows. Until/Unless we see a need to change it this will be how it is:

• @8d060274d1=Gonnar:

@8d060274d1=sciolist:

Dumbass Question - How does one contact DMs in general?
    I've been away a really long time…

You choose any DM and send them a PM.
    They'll forward it to the team

Building an effigy of skulls in the center of Norwick and setting it alight will also work but is not recommended.

• @10e38ed0f5=sciolist:

Dumbass Question - How does one contact DMs in general?

You choose any DM and send them a PM.
    They'll forward it to the team

• Dumbass Question - How does one contact DMs in general?

• Alright, thanks.

• Narfell DM

@ef9f1b38e3=Scout-Hen:

What are the current Detect Evil rules for Paldins to follow.

http://www.narfell.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=44373

Do not appear to be up to date outside of one or two lines.

Does a paldin detect evil with cause.

Or

Does a paldin detect evil before every outing.

Or

Does a paldin detect evil before speaking with someone

To

Prevent falling with association.

The rules linked are pretty clear on this in my opinion, however, your questions are not mutually exclusive.

ICly, detect whenever you want.

OOCly know that just using it upon walking up to the commons will generate a bunch of hate (but then people can acquire items to shield themselves so usually its their own fault).

If it were me? Detect with cause if you don't already know the person to be evil and detect if you're going to be in a party with that person.

It's sort of like… ICly, I can wait out in the pass with my high level cleric for any evil character I feel like and murder them there, but that doesn't exactly foster RP.

• What are the current Detect Evil rules for Paldins to follow.

http://www.narfell.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=44373

Do not appear to be up to date outside of one or two lines.

Does a paldin detect evil with cause.

Or

Does a paldin detect evil before every outing.

Or

Does a paldin detect evil before speaking with someone

To

Prevent falling with association.

• Is it possible to get a list of summons pending on alignment (if one wasn't posted yet)?