Random note, the "year" of narfell...

• Shameless bump because i've had a lot of people asking "approximate" dates of narfell lately

• @9c197559bd:

1453 - Year of The Strangled Jester - February

That sounds about right for you Adlanail, after all, i've heard you sing!

Only joking, it is surely true that he has the voice of an angel!

But what funny names for years! You can't help but wonder at the origins of those strange year titles.

• just to add some info Aluando the Wise was a sage and historian in candlekeep (around the city of Baldur's Gate as evidenced by the games). I'm not sure, but I think he was blind, and apparently gifted with some sort of sight… anyways, he had many different prophecies that he's predicted, and which is why he plays so heavily in the Baldur's Gate games since its HIS prophecy. Anyways just some information I picked up from a sight, think it was www.candlekeep.com or something like that. had a list of his other prophecies and might be interesting.

and now back to the real topic. 🙂

• @55c8404f60=Zyphlin:

1453 - Year of The Strangled Jester - February

Nice post Zyph, good trivia…

Strangled Jester... oops... think you better try to edit that post pretend the year was called something else.. zyphlin doesn't need that sort of DM inspiration.. 🙂

• :: Adlanail decides to go into hiding for all of DR 1453::

24+1/3 days = 1 year..if you want to be precise ::runs off in his RP jackboots::

• The Lord of Murder shall perish, so sayeth the wise Alaundo.

• Yo, it's 4 minutes RL to one hour in narf. Not one day.

But yes, you're right about 24 days = 1 year.

• @196405df87=Ganon_Dwarf:

Just to be annoying I'll point out that at 4 minutes(RL)/1 day (IG) it's 24 days to the Narf year. Not that anyone cares. I think that that list is pretty neat though, not that I myself can think of any uses for it, mayhaps newyears celebrations…

Yes, the clock moves at 24 RL days to 1 Narf year, but most players RP 1 month being 1 year because it's much easier to go by.

• @c48d11dcd6=LokiFireson3596:

Emerald Sun, eh? Might have to talk to Majere about that…

Heh, my thoughts exactly

• @d1562f7074=The:

@d1562f7074=Zyphlin:

And for those DM's out there wanting a bit of spice or inspiration. I need to get my 3e Forgotten Realms book again but the names of the years were documented by some old smart wizard guy or something years ago and it is said that each one generally has some meaning to it.

It was Aluando the Wise I think; same old geezer who was mentioned every five minutes in the Baldur's Gate series. ::grins::

So Sayeth Aluando the Wise :twisted:

• @deffdf1452=Zyphlin:

And for those DM's out there wanting a bit of spice or inspiration. I need to get my 3e Forgotten Realms book again but the names of the years were documented by some old smart wizard guy or something years ago and it is said that each one generally has some meaning to it.

It was Aluando the Wise I think; same old geezer who was mentioned every five minutes in the Baldur's Gate series. ::grins::

• Just to be annoying I'll point out that at 4 minutes(RL)/1 day (IG) it's 24 days to the Narf year. Not that anyone cares. I think that that list is pretty neat though, not that I myself can think of any uses for it, mayhaps newyears celebrations…
    Edit:
    1457 - Year of The Lightning Strikes - June
    1458 - Year of The Plotting Priests - July
    1460 - Year of The Malachite Shadows - September
    1461 - Year of Three Goddesses Blessing - October
    1462 - Year of The Elves' Weeping - November

I'd say that all of the above have happend already, in most every DM plot. 😛