A letter delivered to Jonni

• _To Commander Jonni of the Romani forces,
    I am very sorry to report to you that Commander Raver has died and had her body taken by the bugbears back to Norwick. Last week a bugbear mage was taunting the defenders at Sam's Hill. A very foolish lad though he could chased and kill the mage in the south valley. Raver, her husband Sergeant William of the Legion, and myself followed the lad to get him to turn back. By the time we caught up with him it was too late. He was dead and several bugbears were attacking us. We tried to fall back but the bugbear mage casted some slow spell on Raver. William went back for her body, but he was shot down before he could get her body out of there. I drank an invisiblity potion and attempted to get their bodies out, but the mage could still see me. I was left with no option but to retreat else there would have been a forth corpse. We last saw the bugbears take the bodies and gear to Norwick. There was no a strong enough force on the Hill at the time to lead a rescue mission.

We are discussing rescue attempts in the at the war meetings in Legion Hall. You are welcome to attend those meetings and give us any input or suggestions you have.

I understand your other commander, Aelthas, has gone missing too. I extend my deepest condolences for your losses.

General Theaon Thorn of the Troff Legion_