Recruit Trainining with Colonel Mord Cabro

• Albryanna follows from a safe distance, keeping a watchful eye on the hin, making sure no serious harm comes to him.

• Mord spots the glum hin and askes his lieutenants what happens. He nods at their explanation and tells them to git the hin out of the hall of records fer a bit and go kill something in the woods.

• The Halfling Defence League

Dietrick is seen with an angry and glum look since the death of Alastar.

• Many in the barracks seem to carry a frown with them as recent news of the death of Recruit Alastor Kross reaches there ears. It is said he was killed by a horde of goblins though the true cause of his death, be it goblins or some other creature, no one knows.

Dietrick is seen of late at the Norwick Archives, having the scribes there read to him regarding rules and laws of Norwick and some such. Once in a while the hin is heard moaning softly, "Oh noooooooooooooss"…

• Celestria walked in front of the line of recruits, stopping at each and assessing their equipment and stance. Her expression and demeanor were much more serious than normal. After inspecting each recruit, she stepped back and addressed them.

"The time draws near. We will soon be engaged in a battle that could well change the future of Norwick. Each of you has done extremely well and your efforts have made me very proud."

She pauses for a moment, rubbing her brow as if in thought before continuing on.

"Remember, if you come against a foe you cannot defeat, let the more experienced guards and officers take them down. You will not do anyone any good dead so please, use common sense and no trying to be a hero out there."

She stood staring at them for a moment in silence, wondering if she would see some of them again. She was worried, no doubt, yet held it well inside.

"We fight for the people of Norwick. Let us strive to keep her safe with our actions."

With this, she stepped back and looked to Mord before addressing the recruits one last time.

"Colonel Mord may have words for you afore we venture forth into this battle."

• Mord smiles thinly and give a shallow nod to Cyrian

• upon seeing Celestria's training methods, Albryanna raises a brow of her own, though remains silent for the time. Just making out the whispered words of Cyrian, she grins to herself and proceeds with repairs

• Cyrian watches Celestria's methods with a raised eyebrow. After a while he just shakes his head as if dismissing some mundane thought.

The lass seems pretty confident. Perhaps she is ready for my training. he grins mischievously to himself and wanders off

• During their hour in the armory, Celestria talks quietly with Albryanna and proceeds to drill the recruits on various subjects.

"There are several things all of you should know as possible Norwick Militia. The first is who the other guardsmen, senior guardsmen and officers are. The second is the Norwick Law."

As they work, she calls out their name and follows it with a question about the mentioned subjects. If they answer correctly, she moves on to the next recruit. If they answer incorrectly, they are told to immediately drop and do 30 pushups. The drills lasts the entire time they are working in the armory and until every recruit knows well who is in the militia and what the Norwick Laws are.

"Good. There will be further drills on these subjects to ensure you do not forget them. Now find George some equipment and meet me at the south gates in 15 minutes ready for drills. Dismissed!"

• Alastor can be seen working in the armory when drills are done. He sharpens and repairs anything needing work.

• Albryanna nods her understanding to Mords' words. Afterwards, she stands leaning against the wall, her arms folded, watching the recruits bustling about their business, giving a few tips and instructions as the day goes on. She is even found helping the recruits every now and then upon seeing some struggling with the repairs

• Celestria nods to Mord's low words, her gaze wandering over the recruits before returning to him. Upon dismissal by Mord, she addresses the recruits,

"Alright. We have made a dent in organizing the barracks. The next step is the armor section. More weapons are coming in daily and I expect them racked and once cleansed, sharpened and given any repair needed. In addition to that, you all will be spending the next hour in the barracks working together under my supervision to organize the armory. It should be organized in such a manner that allows for ease of gathering needed equipment in the shortest amount of time."

She stops, looking over each recruit slowly and assessingly before continuing on

"Andrew Tormier is already a knight in another land in Tethyr. I suggest you all learn what you can from him. He has aided me in my training as well. Choose a leader among you and report to me immediately whom you have chosen. Work as a team for this project. You only have one hour beginning now!

Dismissed."

• At the next morning calls after an early awakening by Celestria Mord again paces in front of the full guard. He walks back and forth stopping and looking over individual kits then moves on with a grunt. He finally stops and faces the group waving out a dwarf in robes from the barracks

George here I leave in yer care. Train him hard and bring him along.

He glances once more along the line then speaks to his officers They are yers.

Dismissed.

• Mord can see moving on the edges of the recruit training. Rarely does he interfere but can often be seen later talking to the guards and officers doing the trainning. If a trainees might be close and here the low words they may hear " Push em harder. I would rather they break here then in battle.

Dietrick has been most active of late. During breaks and free time from militia training for recruits, he would travel out to other parts in the nars to battle all sorts of creatures. To further build up conditioning trainings, he runs sometimes from town to another part after his tasks at each place is finished in his armour.
    For example:
    As there is no practice dummy in norwick, Dietrick would run to jiyyd, spend hours there practicing sword strokes, and run back to norwick as training. He has devised new positioning and strokes as time goes by.

At other free times he would venture to other parts in the nars for combat with dangerous critters as extra training.

Before dangerous battles, he is seen to kneel with his sword raised above his head horizontally, praying to Tempus, "not for power over enemy, but for strength to be valiant in battle, and each foe defeated an honor to Tempus" in a less fluent manner. Oddly only so after encountering and talking to Maya and Devlin. Rumour goes Devlin has taken Dietrick in as disciple.

Lately Dietrick has also gone on a dangerous patrol with guard Kresha to explore the rumours of goblin ambushes in the west rawlins, entering deep and squaring off difficult battles. They are seen returning alive the next morning, though with deep wounds. But it is heard they've vanquished a notable number including goblin grenediers, casters, and even two elites. The enemy equipment seen from their spoils confirms this truth. A fine accomplishment considering they were only two against the odds.

• Andrew awoke with a start and the sound of the spoon clanking against the pan. He heard the shout of the Guardsman and rolled out of bed onto the floor, immediately pulling on his outer clothing, followed by his armor. He finished gearing himself and rose, still half asleep. His stance in line before her was not first, however he did complete the task as commanded. He watched as the chaos continued until she called the cease. Some did not make it and still fumbled even after she had dismissed them. Andrew and the other recruits who had finished went to their aid as commanded. He found that the reason some were unsuccessful was that they were unfamiliar with how to prepare their equipment before going to bed. He showed them the ways that he was taught and worked with them to ensure they knew what to do when the next drill came. By the time he was back in his bunk, twas almost time to rise. Twould be a long day he thought before he fell asleep once again.

• Mord chuckles quietly as the noise dies down then sighs and moves back to the stack of papers iin his office. He turns up the lamp and squints at the writing, chuckling every now and then.

• A good 2 hours before sunrise, Celestria slips into the barracks quietly and unarmored. She bites back a chuckle at the various levels of snoring heard from the recruits. Having borrowed pots, pans and spoons from Ivor, she sets to making the most amount of noise possible with them while yelling at the same time,

"Up and gather your weapons! At arms!!"

As the chaos begins, she casts a light spell to watch them and she counts to see how long it takes them to be oriented and ready. She shakes her head watching them stumble into each other half asleep, fumbling for their weapons. After a few minutes and taking notes of those ready the fastest, she yells,

"CEASE!"

As the chaos comes to an end and the recruits stand there looking at her sleepily, she sighs.

"We are headed into a battle that will likely last days. You have got to be able to wake and be ready upon the battle cry. This drill will be continued and you will not know when to expect it. It will continue until you all stand ready before me within an acceptable amount of time. Those of you who stood ready before me, aid your fellow recruits in better organizing their equipment. Your lives may well depend on it."

She gathers the pots, pans and spoons and turns to leave the barracks with a sigh and a silent prayer, "Help me ensure their safety and the safety of Norwick." Over her shoulder she calls out,

"Morning drills at sunrise! Dismissed!"

• *Andrew is seen immediately following orders moving weapons and placing them in an orderly manner on the racks with the other recruits. Once inspected and cleared of taint, he can then be seen sharpening them as well. He works tirelessly late into the night with the other recruits making certain all is done as commanded. Once all the rest of the recruits have gone, he looks over everything one more time ensuring that they missed nothing.

He is then seen sharpening a longsword, one he did not have when recruited. He sharpens with pride, inspects it and makes certain it is in tip top shape before he resheaths it at his side. Only then does he retreat to his bunk and sleep for the remaining time he has to rest.*