Good times

• My arrival here in Narfell must have been June 2004…

I can't remember all too much of those first days, cookie cutter characters, short lifespans, little to no events,...

I had made an elven ranger named Lomir Desyn (a character later inhereted by my brother).
    With said character, I went against the mold for a while, which, needless to say, I liked.
    How did I go against the mold?
    It was a squishy ranger, yet I made level 4 in a matter of two weeks (back then, quite an achievement). How exactly I did this, I can't recall. I seemed to survive day after day, battle after battle.

Until, one fateful day, I broke my own rules.

It was the first time ever on Narfell, I went out with only 1 other person.
    My own rule was never to go out with less than three people in a party, and as long as I live by it, my characters live.

I had gotten the "close to level" itch, and level 5 was... noteable, back then, it was the fledgling mid level (which, imo, is 7 nowadays).
    And there I was, sitting with but 1 other character at the south fire, and she seemed very anxious on heading out there as well.

I don't remember what character it was, but I do remember something about "elemental princess" in the character description.
    Now, note, I'm not blaming whoever blamed her for my char's death 😉
    If anything, I had learned.

So, we were going out there, and everything was going a-ok. Goblins fell by the... 3 of them :oops:
    But, alas, cruel fate! There came 8 or so goblins out of the woodwork, allf of which were bashers, except for 2 soldiers.
    Noble as my character was, and seeing as he was level 4, I believed he had some staying power.
    Telling the other character to run, I ran him headlong into the mob, longsword, chain shirt and large shield.

I was swamped, by the other goblin stragglers I hadn't even seen.

And thus, I learned my three most important lessons on Narfell:

If it ain't broken, don't fix it (which implies to my other rules)
    Don't ever go out with less than three people (ignoring this would get me killed several times more)
    Don't -ever- think you have enough staying power to buy other people time (this, too, would get me killed several times still)