Do you have the SoU Xpack

• Now SoU is out on the shelves, and will reach our lovely shores soon we are interested to see how much of our comunity bought and installed it. That will help us to plan when we will start working on its implementation.
    I don't know the threshold yet, so don't ask for it, we will give you as much feedback as we can.

PS: vote NO only if you have absolusly no intent to buy it (the vote is set in stone as soon as you post it)

Thank you for playing Narfell πŸ™‚

• I vote YES

• The Xpacks will eventually be available to everybody, but this does not necessarily mean they will be on Narf by that time (or within a few weeks from that time).

• The other day I was reading about the new features that will be in HoU, and that really intrigued me. It could really make the gameplay in Narfell even better and more elaborate than it already is, but its too damned bad that the Xpacs aren't available for everyone 😒 It really would give an advantage to the people who had it over those who didn't, even more so thatn SoU does. I say that everybody in Narfell go buy the Xpacs RIGHT NOW! Heh just kidding, but it really would make the game that much more fun!

• Player Guide

@cde616c2b7=Derek_monkey:

Na, who needs the Xpak anyway? I sure don't…... It gives you no advantage in the world of Narfell, and if it did then that would make the game unfair to all of us who don't have the Xpak. :mrgreen:

1.) It only gives no advantage because the DM team currently disabled/disallowed SoU feats. If they allowed them, would you feel compelled to get it?

2.) I'm still of the opinion that SoU features will not be all that unbalancing to the game, except for two things. PrCs are possible problems, but I'd be willing to disallow them, and the Craft Traps skill as it is normally is way overbalancing. But the Craft Traps skill is very easy to tweak to make it fairer (it uses a conversation script, just alter that and you are all set), or just leave it out. I do not feel that any of the feats are overpowering or give unfair advantages. Yeah, some may appear as such, but remember that to get Cool SoU Feat A, you won't be taking Cool NWN Feat B. It's a give and take which balances out in the end. Spells? I would have to side on not-overpowered, but I've heard strong opinions about a few spells to make me think otherwise.

• I gots SoU…hehe

huggles

• Na, who needs the Xpak anyway? I sure don't…... It gives you no advantage in the world of Narfell, and if it did then that would make the game unfair to all of us who don't have the Xpak. :mrgreen:

• I should be getting it soon it depends on how fast i can get some M00lah together πŸ˜‰ should be within the month though

• @f36750c8b3=Frank:

It's absolutely impossible for me to get it, being on mac and all. I feel so unloved 😒

Frank, you absolutely can use the SoU xpack, and will be able to use the HoyU xpack as well. I am running NWN on OSX and I have SoU installed. The xpacks only install new data files. The app is untouched. message me if you need instructions, but they have been posted on the BioWare forums several times.

• If you have SoU, you can play any SoU or Non-SoU server you like. Installing SoU will not limit the number of servers you can use, only increase them.

EDIT: As far as Narfell is concerned all it will do is make available options which you must not choose to use. The skills/feats/spells in SoU are not allowed on Narfell. You will be able to pick them, but are not allowed to.

• If I WERE to buy the SoU expansion, would it affect anything in the Narfell server, or is Narfell strictly NWN original?

• I dont have it, and I dont want it.

Hords of the Underdark will be the much better xpack.

I think it would be wise to just leave out SoU and upgrade Narfell directly to HotU, because that xpack also offer simproved graphics on the old stuff, not just new added content.

It would be like a refreshment, and it could be done like in a year or so, theres no rush.

• I hope to god one of them is the Tempest prestige class…

• Got it. Installed it. Oh and HotU will have several new prestige classes. Seems the goodies are getting some loving this time.

Champion of Torm - Paladiny Prestige Class but usebale by non Paladins
    Weaponmaster - Warrior Prestige Class
    Shifter - Druid Prestige Class

Three more to be announced soon. πŸ˜‰

Oh.. got SoU. Installed. Waiting to see it in Narf. But balance will be the key. Arcane Archers are stupid silly. πŸ˜‰

• Better late than never πŸ™‚
    Got it, yes

• It's absolutely impossible for me to get it, being on mac and all. I feel so unloved 😒

• I didnt. Its an If. A very BIG if since Bioware is good at making exp. compatible with non exp.

• Not compatible with non-HotU? eh? Where did you hear that?