Daeran Steel / Login-HEALER999 [?]

• ICC

I know some of you people might think I'm smoking crack…

I want to nominate this player. IRL, he's very young, however I have taken the time to really work with him and explain to him the ins and outs of Role Playing here on our server. In the past month, I have seen him progress from the type of player who gets clicked killed by the DM team until their mouse button breaks... progress into a contributing, funny and consistent player. He has more to learn for sure, but I believe that if we all see the player and his special challenge of youth and lack of experience in RP, then we can understand and help him come into his own here in Narfell.

He's got more determination than most adults I've played with, a willingness to really learn and a sincerity as a player that can only come from seeing the world through innocent eyes.

I vote that this unique player receive a C Token. Like I said, he has more to learn... but I believe we too have more to learn from players like him. We can learn patience and learn to remember that there was also once a time for each of us when we were completely ignorant of Role Play.

Good job, Jert. You inspire the good in me.

Token this kid. I want to see how far he can go!

• ICC

Congrats to you. I have every faith in you that you will continue to add humor and enjoyment to our community.

• LOCK THIS PLEASE!!!

• //Thanks to everyone who voted and helped me along the way to get here, I thank everyone especially Lordsterling and Black-rider Thanks everyone!!

{P.S Daeran stands proud now}

{P.S.S Thanks again!!!}

• I wouldn't have known it was the same guy that played Jert Colt. Daeran seems together, more mature and sensible.

• ICC

nods in approval

I believe his time has come to receive a token and be welcomed into the community with open arms.

• He stood guard during a legion meeting the other night. It was a long meeting. And from what I could tell he was not afk most of this time, he was actually standing there while we discussed what we were going to do in the Big Plot.

During the drow event he picked up a pretty nice little magic trinket, which quite a few high-level PCs would have been overjoyed to have, off a dead drow. He did not grab it and say "MINE MINE ph@t l3w4 from teh drow!!", no, he offered it to Genzir, saying "what should I do with this, do we need it for something?"

These and other things I have seen him do are signs of a good RPer and a good community member.

• He stood guard during a legion meeting the other night. Just… stood guard. By the door. It was a long meeting. And from what I could tell he was not afk most of this time, he was actually patiently standing there while we discussed what we were going to do in the Big Plot.

During the drow event he picked up a pretty nice little magic trinket off a dead drow that quite a few high-level PCs would have been overjoyed to have. And he offered it to Genzir, saying "what should I do with this, do we need it for something?" (of course I told him to keep it ;))

These and other things are signs of a good RPer and a good community member.

• I interacted with Daeran during the recent drow attacks on Jiyyd, and he looks like a good roleplayer and a good player all-round to me.

Tokenize

• Vote from me.

Yer I know some of you may think it is biased because he is my stepbrother.

But don't worry, no bias whatsoever.

He has improved heaps from playing Jert Colt, and is always willing to learn. Trust me on that one, Call Of Duty 2 has been paused far too many times.

• i,ve played with this kid a couple times and i think he's learning very fast,
    useing skills to RP like intimadate and strength checks,he is learning much faster than i did when i first started playing.

I also say let the boy go and see what happens,one vote from me. 🙂

• The player of Jert, no.

But the player of Steel is a lot better. 🙂

He is growing and his style is maturing and is about at the point that he could be tokened.

Ya, Tokenize

• His RP has definately improved since he played Jert Colt. Token him.

• Hunar caught up with Daeran in Jiyyd and I was quite surprised by the extent of detail involved in his RP style. Solid character concept and he pays attention to his environment. Can see him being a positive part of Narfell.

Toke-a-fication.

• Legion

He just recruited me into teh Legion (kinds).

He's a Kid? Never would have known.

C- TOK!

• ICC

bump
    The player is back. I think he's been afk for a few months due to school. Anyhow.. wanted to push a bump. I don't think he's playing Jert colt anymore. He's playing a new guy, Daeren Steel {sp?}

• This indeed is a player that needs watching… for the good that is there most certainly. We all had our first experience with Narfell and I am sure mine was less than admirable to those I encountered early on.

That said, the character of Jert is played well if indeed that is how Jert is supposed to be. Milshot had quite the encounter with Jert after a LOOOONG attack on Norwick and I must say Jert was played IC'ly very well. Some of the OOC stuff could have been avoided and I am quite sure that if the same encounter were to happen now, the outcome would be far different.

I hope learning has occured and I hope HEALER101 decides to stick it out and continue to grow as an RP'er.

Keep up the playing and have fun always being mindful of those that seem to have taken you under their proverbial wings and the advice they offer.

Soon friend, soon.

PS If you need a keyboard that has .'s and ,'s and a "shift" key, I bet we can find you one 😛

• I agree. We want you to succeed and become a valued Rper and a valued part of the community. Thinking about your characters actions before you do them is important. From my own experience with you you mostly need IC to calm down and think. Plus /tells from people in Norwick saying there's an attack is not a good excuse for saying IC 'I have a premonition there's about to be an attack in Norwick' 😉

On another note though you do need to work a little on your acceptance of bad things happening. Characters die and gear is lost, -often-. When it happens be polite and remember that the DM's have thirty other people to take care of not just your demands to have duplicate gear made.

I'm not voting yes yet, I am certainly not voting no though, far too early to tell. I'm just saying listen to older players, keep up the progress and soon you'll be there 🙂

• ICC

Jert, keep listening to Kulls advice and be open to the advice of others. You are doing a great job.

The purpose of a nomination is not to exclude players, but to reward them for possitive behavior and give them a 'token'which demonstrates that they have earned the respect of the Narfell community.

Continue to think about the actions of your character, and how you want him to interact with the other characters around him. If you are satisfied with those actions, then do your best to be satisfied with the consequences that may follow.

We're all here to help one another. We want to help you suceed as a player and be the best young role player that you can be! No one dislikes you, as a player. Their character might not like your character, but the players all want to see you be a success.

Keep up the good work.

• i am new to narfell i have tryed my hardest to fit in i allways try to roleplay but i ant really get it right i have some friends that do help me (sterling,kull) they have helped me through everything they really help when i cant really get anything right but you all should know i am trying as hard as i can and i will improve in my roleplaying and i will become a player that is respected by everyone ( i hope ) i hope i can make a menz with everyone i have done wrong by in the first couple of weeks with my time on narfell