OOC: New Suggestions

• Firstly, I'd like to say that ideas here are not my own and have been taken from a prior thread and prior postings on this thread.

Anyone wishing to post an idea, PLEASE feel free on posting it here.. as you can see, we are trying to stay on top of it. We are also looking for "secondary nominations" so that we know the more wanted ideas to be implemented. It looks like 5 of these get wiped per development.. so we need to be sure they count.

Addition: As well, if you don't know how to fix it and have a complaint about the camp, PLEASE post here, Don't flame the camp, and by saying a complaint, we understand that you may very well LOVE the camp. It has an understanding it needs to improve, so please, post problems to be fixed.
    They are also sorted in categories now for friendly viewing!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Notes:
    Gaje: Romany word for Outsider
    Gali: Romany word for Insider; A person living with the gypsy
    Romni/Rom: A person of Gypsy blood.

Story Based Ideas

**Suggestion:**Bandit merchant that accepts stolen goods as sells Bandit Goods as well.

Suggestion: Farming on a small scale, most likely in the upper left corner of the Gypsy Pass

Suggestion: Cows be implemented in camp since we have three now. Names: Moo Moo, Rick and Sue.

Suggested Shop Changes

Suggestion: Add Gali/Rom only stores that would sell Gali and Romani items: Clothing, odd items, weapons and unusual food types, just to name a few.

Suggestion: Potions of Invisibility and Cat's Grace should be added to Baba Katya's array of potions. This would, of course, be Gali and Rom only.

Suggestion: Folen (Gypsy Camp Clothing) could redye Maurader Armor for Gali and Rom. It would be at a simple fee, such as 50 gold for basic, 150 for high quality. (Bandit Sheath) With it being only Gali and Rom, Persons could sell the redyed armor at a profit, making Gaje trade.

Suggestion: Have one of the merchants sell some minor trap kits…spike and tangle traps could be appropriate.

Suggested NPC Changes

Suggestion: Barter should be implemented with merchants. Using gems, and neccessities for living instead of money. Or use it as an alternative.

Suggestion: Mage NPC with spells for sale. Gali and Rom may pay to have mage armour and the like cast upon them. Perhaps only once per reset or once every 24 game hours. Whichever is easier to code.

Suggestion: Gypsie Gaurds by spider transition willing to treat poison wounds for coin or barter.

Suggestion: Trade missions- Scripted NPC quests or perhaps camp leaders can organise thiese. Example: Take this shipment.. bring it here and sell it to Frago, then come back with the money, and you recieve your pay. Can't do another one til you pay the money from the last one.

Suggested Camp Area Changes

Suggestion: A rope transition to watch hill (The hill outside the camp with with the fire) The rope code is similar to the rope up and down into the cold caves (Gnoll area) This could let scouts get to the hill to make sure the entry way is clear.

Suggestion: Animals in the forests around the camp. Badgers, Deer, Rats, Rabbits. This is suggested as for RPing to get food. They could be non-hostile until attacked then go hostile.
    _Problem:_The additional creatures that are non-aggressive could add unneeded lag for the already deadly spiders.

Suggestion: Gambling den finished

Suggestion: Bridge or tunnel into the other part of the gypsy pass to make two entrances/exits into/out of camp

Suggestion: Traps be put around the edges of camp that are PC friendly.. or worse.. Oathtaker friendly only. This would be to protect against enemies such as spiders and whatnot.

Suggested Smithing Changes

Suggestion: Additional horse and rack for the wood area.

Suggestion: Tin rocks to be put near the camp, due to the mountainous terrain. If not better rocks as well.

Suggested Generic Requests

Suggestion: More quests for lvl 3 and up

Inducted ideas or Ideas in Progress

Suggestion: Long term player write up a history of the Gypsy camp, and it's activities and hardships, so that new players could have a more "visible" position to roleplay in.

Suggestion: Rest Area: A tent that would have mats on the floor to allow for accelerated resting. Bring your own food, no cost, No Gaje allowed, no bypassing of 8 hour time limit. This would also work IC to help Gali avoid the horrible storms, since they usually don't have a house.

More to be announced…
    Many thanks: Rego, Dram and Cera

• The Halfling Defence League

For the spiders….fad could use a new challenge. she's been working on 'reclaiming' those woods for some time now.

As for the items, I'm all with you, Panache. I'd also like to see some druidy and rangery items as well, since we have a good number of both who frequent the camp.

• I would like it if there were some specifically Gypsy items in the camp

For example

Talith (weapon/scarf)
    Diklo (scarf)
    Book of Paramishta (bard item)
    Traditional Zapaderin outfit (bard item)
    Five string fiddle (bard item)
    Romani Guitar or Duela (bard item)
    sprig of Rosemary
    crystal ball
    tarot cards

I may be biased in favor of bard stuff, but currently there doesn't seem to be any in the camp at all. 🙂

• I like it to…but.....

It's hard to gather spider parts when there is a none stop flow of people using them to level with and take our jellies. I say tougher spiders far South! And Oath lock the gate, let the Gaje have the Nars side. But, thats just my opinion 😉

• actually… i kinda like that idea... but I could see how many would not 😕

• You need a masterwork weapon, and thats pretty easy to come by these days. But an XP boost would be nice, not that at my level I would feel it. 😛

But we are having groups of 4th-6th level characters cleaning out the whole area and taking trees. Make them pay! Muuhahaaha! coughs

• Greater Silk Spiders need an xp boost. They're very very hard to kill (Dr 10! Deadly poisons!).

• Can we get a tougher spider or two in the deep Spider Forest? It is way to easy now with the increase in players at camp. And the harvestable trees out there should be some challenge to get to IMHO.

• The new changes you done kick BUTT! Seeing the cows really made the place feel like home. Two of which Cotton help steal and named.. Moo Moo and Sue!

WOW, that was almost a year ago RL, brings back lots of great memories. 🙂

• @e1bc83bdac=tristan_durst:

I think it was mentioned, and I think I quated it as well, scratches head but could it be possible to add Plot set Training Dummies and Archery Targets to the camp. Have it set up like a training area, like what the Silver Valley guards get.

Thanks,
    Tristan

I didn't add those in yet on purpose. I hadn't forgotten about them.

• Add a fence and gate.

The gypsies have been at that location for something like twenty+ years, and it takes all of two days to make a good sturdy fence. They'd have done it by now just to slow down any rampant spider attacks.

Thanks for lookin' into the place, Bri. If you're in the mood maybe you can toss in a few funny interactive elements like a dog that follows you around if you feed him, and gypsy children that beg for change while they pick your pocket (if you're from out of town)?

• I am not sure why this is happening.

There shouldn't be any Gali in the spider areas though, so if you have any recomendation on how to keep him from wandering out there please let me know.

• Not really a suggestion but a concern for you Brian.

More than once have I been out in the Hidden Pass and found Pendell walking around attacking spiders. When he reaches about mid screen, near the bridge leading to the Gremlin cave he turns into "Gypsy".

After a while he will be found dead and people loot his body for his weapons and Gypsy Tunic. Not a big deal that part but…

Here’s the thing that worries me, at times he appears hostile. I have had to kill him several times when this happens in defense of others and myself. Is this from lag? Or do we just get bugged now and then when near him? So we head back into camp and there is a chance the other NPCs will attack us.

Also, Grag has been attacked by King Horgan out of nowhere, last night I was attacked by him as well.

Just letting you know. 🙂

• Ohhhh I like all your suggestion Tristan but moving the King, I like his presence know in camp where others can see him.

But! It would be cool if he had some other new NPCs around him, perhaps his advisors, maybe Remmey and a new one or two.

Can these clothes be scripted to only be wearable by those who have the oath in their inventory? If not every one will have them. Even if the merchants only show this selected inventory to Gali. I know the gypsies and they would buy them just to sell to Gaje at indecent prices 😉

• I can make quick fixes to the camp, but for in-depth stuff like economy adjustments you will need a DM.

• Thanks Brian, your the bomb! We all very much appreciate all the hard work you and the other Devs are doing.. But we love yas more cuss your working on the camp! 😉

The Gnolls:

11th level Cotton, 9th level Kaona and 4th level priest Quinton can wipe them all out and we make decent loot from it. They are difficult to deal with but thats the whole point. Hmm well that is 24 levels though.. Hmm.. I'll let you think on that one

Now with that said, when we sell their gear in camp we get shite for it. But in any other towns we get more. Damn broke Gypsy merchants 😉

• I will be working on some of these this evening when I get home from work.

• Can the Communial Shack that we start in please, please, please, please be lighted?

• Since Horgan has been updated, there is no one selling wines. Is it possible to get someone else to sell them now or is that already in the works??

Geesh…Kaona is running really low on Romani wine… 😉

• @9dd8998d6d=Gobbletom:

If I am not mistaken River has been working/planning on some specific changes for the camp in the future. You may want to check with her concerning what exactly she has in mind for it.

You are correct! 😎