Camp Bon Fire Rumors and Stories

• _Lately, one of the Guardians in the camp known as Zoma is seen to be looking utterly exhausted as though he has been overworked.

He is often seen patrolling the camp as well as guarding the old mines in a committed manner which seems to finally taken some of his health away._

• Many crates, boxes, and various other items of little note are seen being moved into the Abandoned Mines by several of the Romani, and a few of the Gali. Seems they are going to be using it for storage or so it seems. The only thing that some people may remark on is Jonni have a large locked chest taken from his tent and moved into the mines with the other items for storage. Quite a few of the Guardians are seen milling near the old mines in loose guard patrols withing the next few days after the chest is moved.

• With the on set of wild magics, Cera often has spells where she must lie down, suffering from temproily cripling headaches and a storm of magical arcs sweeping over her form. After the fits pass, she usually seems wiped out and isn't her usual superperky self until a good night's rest.

• Lilin carries something into camp, goes into Jonni's tent (without a chaperone, but she leaves the door open) takes out a large key, opens a large chest with a large lock and places two white crystaline objects inside, then closes the large chest, with the large lock, and the large key, hugs Jonni, and then leaves again

• Rumors spread that drow have been sighted even more under the cold caves. It is said the ones under the caves seem to be seeking information about the reasons for the wild magic, and indications are leading some to believe they are Vaeraunites

• The long-haired, greying Gali Gambler in white intently moves from place to place, from the inner sanctum of the Camp to Baba Katya's tree, to the Nook and through the gates to the Spider Woods, occasionally covered in dried blood and sweat, mostly looking disgruntled—his eyes glint red a moment, then and now. He stops by the Heart Fires long enough to toss a cigarette butt into the flames and sneer.

"Tero killed himself; I'm a Yuan-Ti's uncle; I enjoy the wine of the Kumpania: only one of these are true." His eyes glimmer crimson and he takes a pointed swig from a bottle. "The drow beneath the Pass, currently, are they the Eilistraeeans or the Vaeraunites? I thoughtthey weren't of Lolth's creed. I have heard news of the Dark Maiden's servants—the believers in sensible things like peace, dancing naked under the moonlight, and not ravaging the surface world until all is blood and death—working against the more usual bent of angry, evil drow that were keeping the local spider population fat and sassy. Never heard of the results."

• _news of Jeni leaving the tree and going shopping has the Camp Elders scratching their heads as she heads off to Peltarch for a few days.

She returns smiling, wearing a new dress and a new lease on life. She's heard to say that she will be a far more active voice in the Camp from now on._

• News spreads swiftly that the drow beneath the camp have waylaid travellers in attempts to find out what is responsible for the disruption in the weave. It is clearly evident that these are not the ones with the Orb of Xeros.

• Zoma simply is unable to accept the fact.

_"This isn't possible. If he is to take his own life, he would had done it a long time ago. No, he said with firm determination that he would face with the Council of Elders to seek his fate and judging from a man I observe for the brief moment, he is one who has decided to stop running away and face responsibilities. At least, his eyes tells me that when he was last seen going up the roost.

What of the guards I had adviced the elders to station at the roost? Surely they would had known something if there are any guards at all stations there."_

In a seemingly angry manner, Zoma stomps off to look for the elders for more inquiry.

• Jerr frowns at this.

Now either he screamed as he stepped off, an odd thing for a suicide who has set this himself. Or he screamed as the rope tightened around his throat . . .
    No, wait, that wouldn't happen now would it?

Or someone made it look like a suicide, to distract us from something else.

<<or the="" woman="" who="" found="" him="" screamed="" which="" brought="" guards..="" edit="" ld="">></or>

• On an unrelated note, Jonni returns from his hunting trip with two rather nice sized deer.

• In the early morning as the sun rises and barely touches the cliff tops, a scream is heard echoing out across the Gypsy Pass. Guards rush to the area to find Tero hanging almost to the Pass floor from a rope tied to a tree in the Pixie Roost. There appears to be no wounds beyond some scrapes as he tumbled down, and a note is pinned to his shirt, written in common:

"I can no longer take the guilt of the crimes I have comitted against my fellow Romani."

Many believe him to have taken his judgement into his own hands by tying the rope and stepping off the cliff above. The woman who found him and screamed, says later he had such a peaceful look to his face. His body was cut down immediately and taken to Cera's tree in preparation of a proper burial.

• Late one evening a small group gathered near the fire for wamth and to share tales of adventure. Then just as those assembled began to doze off a species of giant spiders not seen in the forest assaulted them. They scrambled to their feet and a Gali on patrol rushed over to aid those assembled. After the smoke cleared from the ooze laiden forest floor they all stood about weary and cautious. As they did suddenly the light from the fire was magically made dim and no spell was able to penetrate the darkness that creeped in and around the fire.

The group stood there nervous staying close for protection for a while. Eventually the darkness lifted and a single piece of parchment could be seen fluttering from the canopy above. It took a while to decifer the script, as it was written in the native toungue of the elves, and only one stood amoungst the group. In short the note can be heard to bear this message.

"… you have killed one of our own, but you will be punished..."

The group informed Jonni and then set off at dawn south to search for clues on the assault. They returned the next day bearing no leads, save a wounded deer, as to possible suspects of the assault. Many amoung the group speculate it to be the drow however.

• Lilin carries something into camp, goes into Jonni's tent (without a chaperone, but she leaves the door open) takes out a large key, opens a large chest with a large lock and places a white crystaline object inside, then closes the large chest, with the large lock, and the large key, hugs Jonni, and then leaves again

• @6371d93b60=Koros_Ty:

"Ye Olde Swordmaster, the alleged Traitor Tero, Doshman, has returned to camp," he speaks, coarsely and bluntly, "He stands accused of murdering our long-lost Romani King, Hogan Mearst, Kralis—he is to be tried before the Kumpania Elders." Ty scratches his neck and darts his eyes around nervously, his eyebrow twitching. "If not that, he stands accused of abandoning the Kumpania in a dire time of need for his leadership…"

Glancing skyward, toward the dark canopy of the dense forest, Ty mouths a few silent words before continuing. "He says he does not remember what occurred in 'those dark days'… His memory fails him." Drinking more from the flask, Ty hiccups as wine dribbles down his chin, into his greying beard. "There has been talk of an addiction… to Dark Lotus, given to him by an… unknown party."

"Whether we are to hold an addict accountable for his own addiction, no matter the supplier, is a good question." Gesturing broadly with his hands, Tyche frowns slightly and narrows his eyes, gazing momentarily into the fires as though lost in dreaming. "I have been told the woman, Yolande, hated him, yet I witnessed her with him… I suspect, in intimate fashion." Ty smirks his gambler's smirk.

Star nods from the shadows. " <e>The Kris will meet and the Krisatora will decide what is chachimos from what is Gunoi. If no judgement can be reached I will move for Solakh, the Judgement of the Mulo. We will ask Horgan to judge Tero himself as is his right under Romany tradition if the Krisatori cannot decide. I have spoken with Elder Lilin of this already. We prefer to let the Kris decide if they can do so, but honour will be satisfied at this divano."</e>

• @67676ae7af=elor_danna:

Belade has been looking around for bards, trying to get them to perform in the camp regularly. Any who ask for payment are directed to Joni.

When she isn't busy with that, or patrolling, she helps with the clean-up of the camp, gathering excess crates and furnitures, and stockpiling them under a canvas cover near the abandoned mines.

Ocean's Concert in the camp grows closer (hopefully some time 12/13 August) and she is often seen in the area of the Camp she has chosen for the performance, setting up sound baffles, adjusting lighting rigs and testing acoustics.

• The long-haired, frazzled and baggy-eyed Gali Gambler Extraordinaire, Tyche Fortuna, siddles up to the Heart Fires and places himself down with a heavy thud, rustling the leaves and debris. He produces a silver flask, decorated with intricate shapes, and unscrews it, before tossing his head back and gulping the contents within. Sighing contentedly, he wipes his mouth with the back of his grimy hand, and addresses anyone in earshot.

"Ye Olde Swordmaster, the alleged Traitor Tero, Doshman, has returned to camp," he speaks, coarsely and bluntly, "He stands accused of murdering our long-lost Romani King, Horgan Mearst, Kralis—he is to be tried before the Kumpania Elders." Ty scratches his neck and darts his eyes around nervously, his eyebrow twitching. "If not that, he stands accused of abandoning the Kumpania in a dire time of need for his leadership…"

Glancing skyward, toward the dark canopy of the dense forest, Ty mouths a few silent words before continuing. "He says he does not remember what occurred in 'those dark days'… His memory fails him." Drinking more from the flask, Ty hiccups as wine dribbles down his chin, into his greying beard. "There has been talk of an addiction… to Dark Lotus, given to him by an… unknown party."

"Whether we are to hold an addict accountable for his own addiction, no matter the supplier, is a good question." Gesturing broadly with his hands, Tyche frowns slightly and narrows his eyes, gazing momentarily into the fires as though lost in dreaming. "I have been told the woman, Yolande, hated him, yet I witnessed her with him… I suspect, in intimate fashion." Ty smirks his gambler's smirk.

"The Road looks dark ahead for Toril, Fate looms heavy, things bode ill," Tyche proclaims and raises his flask in a mock toast. "The Drow possess the Magic Orb they stole from the Pheonix, the Little Lady runs free and rampages with her profane hordes, the magician Locke has become a lurking shadow-creature of doom and gloom, I am told there are or was some mage hunting the Elders themselves… On and on, the list of worries grows and grows." Grinning wickedly, Tyche drinks and laughs heartedly.

"Here's to Interesting Times."

• Belade has been looking around for bards, trying to get them to perform in the camp regularly. Any who ask for payment are directed to Joni.

When she isn't busy with that, or patrolling, she helps with the clean-up of the camp, gathering excess crates and furnitures, and stockpiling them under a canvas cover near the abandoned mines.

• _The occurances with wild magic seem to be growing in scale by the day. Latest rumours suggest that twists of weave hijacked a few adventurers randomly from around the Narfell area and landed them in unknown caverns.

The tiny group is said to have fought through goblins, bugbears, ettins and an army of zombies on their way back to surface. Some even say they managed to destroy an altar of an evil goblinoid deity on their way. Apparently they somehow managed to find a magical way out of the caverns and ended up in a cave near Ormpur.

Bormus of the Troff clan, Danaley Notten of the Guardians, and Norwick militiaman/Black Sail Paci Kelteel are often mentioned in the rumours to have been involved in this escape from the undermountain._

• Shannon offers, should the Elistraeen's soul still be willing, to restore them to the land of the living - or at least to try.