Scheduled player group

• John Smith (obviously an alias) Human Rogue/Cowardly Swashbuckling Sneak Gambler Type... A Pretty-boy, Ladies' Man who can bluff his way out of trouble and into bed chambers. Often shies away from a fight but will take pop shots at the enemy if necessary... Has been known to cheat on occasion... Connoisseur of the finer things in life including but not limited to women and wine. Wields dual daggers but mostly uses throwing knives. Favorite games include darts, blackjack, and 3 dragon ante (in that order). He has, pretty much, adopted Plug as his best friend and body guard. He even claims to be the one who gave Plug his nickname.

• Meeting tonight at around 7:30p EST! If you are rolling a character! DO IT! : )

Out typical starting place will be at The Lucky Ferret. Our home away from home and general hang-out. All of us have a bit of a gambling bug... so it makes sense. If you have a moment, give a sentence or two about something you would be known for by the others in the group, and maybe a nick name you have earned from the others. I'll start:

Dozer "Plug" Mantleborne. Originally from a town on the Golden Way in the Wastelands near the Lake of Mists that he waxes poetic about all the time. Although everyone in the group tries, you've never been able to get Plug angry. He earned the nickname Plug by causing an epic sewer backup with one of his legendary hangover dumps. He now cuts out the middleman and when in Peltarch, goes straight into the sewers to drop a dook.

• @Andelas You don't have to DM bud. I've never gotten to play with you as a player... I don't think. I didn't plan on this being a group that would require DMs to run with. So, only DM if you want to. Otherwise, a cleric would be totally welcome. I'll add you in as a player and whichever way you turn is great. Cheers!

• I made a cleric of Torm but figured i'd DM instead...................

• Human Rogue/Cowardly Swashbuckling Sneak Gambler Type... Pretty-boy, Ladies' Man who can bluff his way out of trouble and into bed chambers. Often shies away from a fight but will take pop shots at the enemy if necessary... Has been known to cheat on occasion... Connoisseur of the finer things in life including but not limited to women and wine. Wields dual daggers but mostly uses throwing knives. Favorite games include darts, blackjack, and 3 dragon ante (in that order).

• @sciolist - So long as that elf could fit in to the background, I'm good with it. Basically, this will be like a poker night with the guys. So when you want to take off the mantle of Corellon for a bit, you go hang out with your buds and toss a couple back. That would mean you likely live(d) in Peltarch as the group initially met at a neighborhood gambling den/tavern.

@Darkspyr - I don't figure that the entire group will be meeting up all the time, which is why I am looking 8-10 folks... so that we know we'll get at least 4-5 each Monday and Wednesday. So heck yeah. Build a character or reserve a character that will stay within a few levels of the rest of the group.

P.S. I am setting up this group so that there really isn't a leader. Each group member will have opportunity to have the group help them accomplish something. Hopefully after it's set up, it'll be largely self-driving.

Will likely have a forum group eventually set up so that the group can post up ideas for the next thing to throw ourselves at... and a resource for DMs to work something up if they see any of our ideas as interesting.

• It looks like you have a good team going Kerby. I have a gnome wizard, level 6 or 7 if you would want to add them. I actually have a bit of everything in the 5-7 range. If you have enough then leave me out, since i am late in jumping in. I thought I would offer though.

Darspyr (login CryingChild) - Gnome Wizard.

• @kerby - How are you with elves in your background? I had an idea for a Corellon cleric, Archer.

• Ok, looks like so far we have three that can tank, a scout/ranged, and two buffer/healer. That's two fighters, a paladin, a ranger, a bard and a cleric.

Still have three that posted I am unsure of their roles and classes/races/concepts. @Karion_Silverbow @Andelas @sciolist Could likely use an arcanist, another healer and another ranged of some kind.

• I can play a tank... I actually think I build one for S&G, only logged in enough to level him up. Human fighter. I actually think he was designed to be weapon master, but im sure it will work, either way. If i make another instead it will most like be human fighter.

• I could go Rogue if that works for you, I'd like to play one that sticks and have high melee damage. I'm also game for tanking if its needed.

Never mind was brainstorming, I'm in as a Paladin, working on god to fit the concept. Will be Tank / Offtank. 🙂

• I'm going to be playing a human bard that specializes in buffing with a bit of healing on the side.

• @kerby
    There are no royal houses, but there are some nobles, and there are still the Peltarch Aristocracy. There are guilds as well, and the ones in the Docks have continued their chicanery. The WaveBreakers definitely still exist, as do others

• BACKGROUND

We are gaming buddies. Happen to frequent the same gambling den and hit it off when there was a barroom brawl. We all defended our card table, and it has been 'ours' ever since. Over the years, we've found it to be our escape from our other responsibilities.

So when one of you suggested that we use the excuse to get away from our wives/families/businesses/duties/etc... you decided to expand 'game night'. At first it was, we all would head out to a vacation cabin one of you had built for get-aways with their family, (outside the city walls a bit into the Giantspires) to drink and play cards and dice over for a couple days. It then turned into week long 'hunting trips' with your buddies.

The group now takes turns recommending the next thing to cross of their 'bucket list'. We could also have a member of the group that is poor with a large family to feed... so this is also a moonlighting situation for him. Maybe the group could even be referred to as: THE MOONLIGHTERS!

Likely be easier if we all RPed guys for this one. Alignment, is open to all good and neutrals. Neutral evil would be dicey, unless it was played as simply a selfish dick instead of a malignant force of evil. The strife in the group should be what you would typically find between mates on the same sports team... not what you'd find between a Satanist and a Christian.

That said, this is a social group. Loners wouldn't go out for this kind of group bonding in the first place. Any other personalities would be fun. The more variety, the more interesting the dynamic will be. But basically we'll start out with everyone is looking to gets some thrills and fun out of this.

• @rei_jin Thanks for letting me know about no Senators in Peltarch anymore. If there is a King, are their then royal houses? If not, perhaps the head of a guild? Are the Wavebreakers still a thing?

@necrofai Starting... not sure. Maybe next week on Monday? I'd like to get each person to give me an idea of the class(es)/race they'd like to use to fill their role. I'd also like to get feedback as to how our group is bonded. If I can get each person to commit to starting a new character, then one of the out of town backgrounds would be better. If I have to accept player's existing characters, then perhaps an in-town background.

• @kerby

There are no senators in Peltarch anymore. It has a king, King George

• When are we starting this?

• Account Name: MaverickOriginal
    Days Available: flexible, prefer weeknights for scheduled play
    Times Available: EST evening/night
    Role Preferred: Caster Cleric

Hopefully my hin "Ruby" could be used. I think she's only level 5-6 from mostly exploration xp.

• This post is deleted!

• @kerby Yeah, Sunday was always my PnP night, back in the day.

Unfortunately, my other nights are booked with sports leagues. I play flag football on Tuesdays and Thursday nights.