María's class

• Corwin just looks depressed and worried wherever he goes.. Hoewver its been good for his work. He spends much time in a lab and even left a big giant thesis on Maria's doorstep large enough to probably be the work of a much older mage.

• Legion

Martousca Leaffall has become an irregular visitor and student at some of the open classes.

• Walter, skirted and Legionary-lookin' has - as he said he would - been attenting some of María's classes. Usually as a sit in, bored to tears of hearing about spells he doesn't, won't, or can't use - he decides finally to raise the issue.

"…I don't use illusion spells..."

• In a more cheerful mode María arrives a bit earlier to class, and waits for everyone to sit down before starting the new class

Today we'll speak about the intelligent usage of spells duwring an adventuwre owr twrip.
    As you would know, we mages need time to pwrepawre ouwr spells, and we need concentwration and a good wrest to be able to memowrize owr simply "wreload" ouwr powewrs.

When you go out on an adventuwre, you don't know how long you will be out thewre, and you don't even know if you'll have that time to spawre to sit down and pwrepawre mowre spells in the middle of it.
    So one has to be mindful of what one is casting, and -when- is one casting. As such is specialy useful to use spells that enduwre and boost othewrs you twravel with, since that is the best way to contwribute gwreatly to the gwroup's suwrvival without an extense use of spells.

Always have an invisibility spell pwrepawred. It may save youwr life, owr someone else's too. Same goes fowr haste, twry to have at all times one of these, fowr delicated situations.
    And finaly, a stwrong awrea of effect spell, such as fiwreball owr fiwrebwrand… you nevewr know when you'll be wrushed by a howrde of goblins owr when will you have to blow up a doowr.

Twry to use always the less spells the bettewr. If you get back to town with the whole gwroup alive, and you still had a few spells left, then you can smile, you did a good job. Think twice befowre casting, a mage that wruns out of spells too quickly becomes soon a buwrden fowr the gwroup. safe youwr most powewrful spells fowr tough cwreatuwres and do not waste them on situations whewre the gwroup seems most pwrobably to win even if you don't intewrfewre.

::clears her throat a moment, drinking water and smacking her lips against each other, thoughtfuly::

Any comment? Discuss wright away.

• Legion

::would have soft tears rolling down her cheeks after hearing that, and nods in agreement::

• Next day, she arrives a bit late

Deawr class. It's the duty of a mastewr and/owr pwrofessowr to teach theiwr students the best one can. And today I'd like to teach you a vewry impowrtant lesson.

Admit youwr mistakes, folks. You can't always be wright on evewrything, and it's fowr the best that you admit when you awre wwrong instead of being thick headed. No one wins if you don't do it, you actualy lose, and it's because of that , that Im hewre to die to wretwract my wowrds fwrom the pwrevious class.

Do not, evewr, use the undead in any way. Not even with the idea of doing good. Utilizing the undead is plain wwrong, and the spell should be not used. It's anyways, a seventh ciwrcle spell, and thewre's so -many- othewr mowre powewrful spells to use, that thewre's no wreal need fowr it.

Think of it. An undead is a soul twrapped in it's own wrotting body. Evewry second of theiwr existance is a cuwrse, it's pain, it's hawrm to them. So when one encountewrs an undead, putting it to wrest should be the thing to do, such is what I expect fwrom all of you.

::she then waves her hand, dissmissing the class and goes to the upper chambers of the keep, where she's known to stay alone for a whole day::

• Aia slips in quiet as a shadow and takes a seat, she begins by removing several slim tomes from her satchel and begins taking notes from the board.

• Listens quietly to her and then speaks

That would be to use it too often. When I say It should only be used at moments of diwre need, I mean it. Like…when using that spell will save many lives. I will wrepeat it again, the spell is vewry fwrowned upon by many if not most people, and it's easy to udnewrstand why. Messing with the dead, owr undead fowr the mattewr, is nevewr nice.
    Only in scenawrios of diwre need. Bettewr if you nevewr have to use it at all.

• Larathia raised her hand politely before speaking.

"Perhaps, Maria, if we treated the spell much like the ability of the priest of priestess to turn undead. The ability to control undead and turn them from friend is not in this case much different between the two abilities. While this spell cannot destroy them, such as in the case of turning, it can provide allies with a useful window of time to reach defensive positions or destroy the undead in question." She was nervous in speaking, not the arcane thinker many of her peers were.

• Enters class, a bit slower than usual, and seemengly lost in thought as she takes her spot in front of the class…

Today we'll be speaking about necwromancy and undead. This is an impowrtant lesson so I don't want any intewrruptions, and if anyone is too sensitive about this thread, leave now.

::looks at the students, seriously::

Fine. As you well know, thewre's diffewrent spells that awre included in this school. Some awre mowre common than the othewrs.
    Spells that awre usualy known to be useful and in fact, most asked fowr, like Wraise Dead owr wresuwrection…as well as spells such as deathward owr shadowshield, which awre pwrotective spells.

Thewre's howevewr some spells that awre of obscuwre and evil natuwre and it's impowrtant that you know about these fowr what they awre. Any spell that cwreates undead. Which include, animate dead, cwreate undead, and cwreate gwreatewr undead. This spells awre ALL inhewrently evil. If I see any of you casting one of this spells, even fowr testing puwrposes, I will be vewry displeased and will take action...in a way that you don't want to know... this spells awre totaly unacceptable to be cast. The cwreation of summons is the wowrst pawrt of the necwromancy, it's evil, and I will not tolewrate it.

Apawrt fwrom this spells, thewre's one that has some contwrovewrsia into it. Some awre displeased with the spell, and fwrankly, I do not blame them. This spell is contwrol undead.
    This spell isn't inhewrently evil as the ones I just mentioned, but to some is as much offensive as them. If you evewr have the powewr to cast this spell, do not do it lightly. Be mindful in fwront of which you cast it, fowr many people will take offense owr even jump quickly to call and twreat you as a necwromancewr.
    This spell, even if it's not evil, is not a spell I would like to be used. Howevewr, thewre's times when it's fowr the best to know this spell and use it, to avoid wreally bad things to happen.
    I would ask of you, to only use this spell undewr diwre ciwrcumstances, and only fowr the time that is needed. As soon as thewre's no need fowr the undead to be contwrolled, you -have- to put it to wrest...and I wouldn't mind a bit if you asked the body fowr fowrgiveness fowr using them.

Now. Aftewr all this I've said...is thewre any question owr comment?

• Legion

::nods and smiles walking up to the class hoping she can talk loud enough for everyone to hear::

Hold monster is a fifth circle spell much like that of hold person. the differences are it has a higher chance of affecting your mind, and it can affect anything that does not have clarity or mind blank on them. such as an ogre, cockatrice, or human.

::waits if anyone has any questions then goes back to her seat::

• Vewry twrue, I fowrgot that one. Would you then please, stand hewre in fwront of the class and explain about that spell?

:smiles and motions her forward::

• Legion

::listens carefully and raises her hand::

i believe if i've studied right there's another fifth circle spell not mentioned called hold monster? i noticed bugbear mystics cast them in battle.

• Well then, let us continue with the class.

Fouwrth ciwrcle:

Chawrm monstewr. It's like the stwrong vewrsion of chawrm pewrson, and the defenses awre pwrotection fwrom aligment, mind blank owr clawrity.

Confusion. This spell will do things thinking they another. You might be thinking youwr attacking youwr enemy when in twruth youwr attacking youwr best fwriend…so this spell is specialy nasty. Same pwrotections as with chawrm monstewr apply.

Fear. This spell will make you feel scawred of anything, vewry vewry scawred...in fact I'd call it "panic". This spell is only blocked by mind blank owr clawrity. Howevewr once someone is affected by this, a spell of wremove feawr will cleawr his mind.

Fifth ciwrlce:

Dominate pewrson. Like chawrm but mowre powewrfull. You will be just bossed awround like you wewre slaves. Pwrotection fwrom aligment, clawrity and mindblank will be , again, youwr only help against this.

Sixth ciwrcle:

Thewre's nothing in this ciwrcle that can be used to contwroll someone's mind owr similawr effects.

Seventh ciwrcle:

Powewr wowrd, Stun. This is a powewrful spell that can ONLY be avoided with mindblank owr clawrity, owr with a vewry high stamina.. it's a 7th ciwrcle spell though, so you 'd wrawrely see it cast.

This is all, since the othewr two ciwrcles I know not so well, and instead of giving missleading infowrmation about a spell I'd wrathewr be silent about it.

Any questions? comments?

• Yes, that it does, Siwrion. But then youwr ability to cast spells is nullified, so the othewr spells awre a bettewr option. Also because you can have them befowre the spell is cast, giving you time to do othewr things…

But yes, that should be pointed out. Well done.

• It's also noted that a spider form is immune to all paralytic techniques, including the Web spell and Hold Monster, and that any polymorph will render you immune to Hold Person.

• Well said well said! ::enthusiasticaly to Victoria::

we will continue with this class aftewr a bwreak…

• Legion

::raises hand::

would those be Minor globe of invulnerability, and regular globe of invulnerability?

• Looks at elva, shaking her head

No, that would only be effective against chawrm pewrson. Keep twrying!

• _Elva raises a hand

"Um…Magic Circle against Alignment...?"_